Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Simple Portrait

Simple Portrait

This is a couples portrait for two people shot care about each other and only have blurry iPhone snaps. (Yes, I have seen great iPhone photos, but not often...)

Taken with a Nikon D300s and 105mm f/2 DC lens (probably my favorite lens) @ ISO 400, f/8 and 1/160. No flash. Moved them to where the light was best.

I would love to hear your comments and critiques.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Simple Portrait-dsc_4944_print-5x7.jpg  

Re: Simple Portrait

Hmm. I think there's still some conflict with the heads and the BG. They are fighting each other for attention. Not your fault though, i think it's due mainly to the light colour (with similar tones) of the BG. For them to separate, I think a shallower depth of field would be necessary. Something to throw the brick lines right out of focus. I have no clue how the 105mm works though, you must have been far enough to begin with. Their pose and expressions are great.
    Liban

"There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have." Nelson Mandela

Nikon Samurai #23 - The Alexei Ponikarovsky of PR

Havana Cuba Photography

Thread Information