Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Mausolium

Re: The Mausolium

Thanks Lava Lamp. Here is yet another edit. This is for a upcoming photo contest. The subject of the contest is a local cemetery that is a tourist attraction. I looked at pictures on the internet and didn't want my picture to look like the others. So I am trying to think a little out of the norm. Here is a link to the cemetery Myrtle Hill.

myrtle hill cemetery rome georgia - Google Search

I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Good luck with the contest. I clicked on the Google images and like your picture better than any of them. Yours is the only "inside" shot, which may make it stand out. (At least I hope so.)

I did like some of the snow scenes, though I didn't realize Rome ever got snow.
    Last edited by Lava Lamp; 06-14-2012 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lava Lamp View Post
    Good luck with the contest. I clicked on the Google images and like your picture better than any of them. Yours is the the only "inside" shot, which may make it stand out. (At least I hope so.)

I did like some of the snow scenes, though I didn't realize Rome ever got snow.
    We very seldom get snow. But the lst couple of years we have. Thanks for all the help.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Hi,

Imo your myrtle-hill-100.jpg is a good composition and processing but a little over cooked.

First, is the reflection from the door windows. They don’t fit the light in the room. They would be tapered, not square, and not as strongly illuminated given the lighting. They look as if they were drawn on the floor. Also given the angle of illumination in the room, I think the reflections would be at least partially on the wall.

Second, the color treatment for the flowers is a little gimmicky and too bright for the environment. Were it mine, I’d dial back the saturation a bit, maybe, I dunno, about 5%-15% or so.

You’ll score well in the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Justan View Post
    Hi,

Imo your myrtle-hill-100.jpg is a good composition and processing but a little over cooked.

First, is the reflection from the door windows. They don’t fit the light in the room. They would be tapered, not square, and not as strongly illuminated given the lighting. They look as if they were drawn on the floor. Also given the angle of illumination in the room, I think the reflections would be at least partially on the wall.

Second, the color treatment for the flowers is a little gimmicky and too bright for the environment. Were it mine, I’d dial back the saturation a bit, maybe, I dunno, about 5%-15% or so.

You’ll score well in the competition.
    Thanks for the great advise. If you want to have a try at it be my guest. I will work on the tapering as you suggest. Also the flower saturation. I went back and fourth with that. It is easy to over do a second guess myself.

Sony a99/a7R

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information