Masks

Printable View

• 01-16-2014, 02:34 AM
    hminx
    1 Attachment(s)
    Masks
    One of the masks has been repeated, I was wondering if it is all that obvious.
  • 01-20-2014, 12:52 PM
    llewpics
    Re: Masks
    I quite like this. Seems busy at first, but then - if you take the time - you can begin discovering some interesting colors and shapes. The crop may be a little too long, but this could be a matter of preference.
  • 01-21-2014, 09:38 PM
    ksbryan0
    Interesting image. I wouldn't have noticed the repetition if you hadn't mentioned it, and even with your prompting, it still took me a while to catch it. You could remedy the situation by cropping the lowest row, making it a tad shorter as llewpics suggested.
  • 01-22-2014, 03:23 AM
    hminx
    llewpics and Ken thanks for your thoughts, a crop as you both suggested is probably the way to go, maybe at the chin of the mask bottom right.

Congrats on your 1000th post Ken
  • 01-23-2014, 01:00 PM
    ekonom
    Interest photo!!!
  • 01-26-2014, 08:36 PM
    GB1
    Nice fully framed image there Pete. I find myself liking the two top middle ones the best with their graduated colors. The black areas near the bottom take a little away from the pattern, but it is still successful.

As for the repeating, it wasn't detectable at a glance. Once I read your caption, I see that the left side masks are the same except for the colors, but you have to look for it.

Mexico?

G
  • 01-26-2014, 09:44 PM
    hminx
    Thanks ekonom

This was in Venice Greg, if you look closely you will see that the black masks in the third row are the same ( check the ribbon )... :)
    I cloned the bottom one in to fill the gap, but as Ken and llewpics pointed out I would probably been better to crop the bottom, but the exercise was fun to do.
  • 01-27-2014, 11:13 AM
    cfl211
    those masks are great
  • 01-27-2014, 05:20 PM
    zgreenstein
    WOW. Is that even real?
  • 02-13-2014, 09:06 PM
    valzi
    Sorry to be a little negative, but this gives me the impression of being there but not exploring my surroundings. It feels like a documentation of a mask booth at a fair rather than a more original composition. If that's what you wanted, though, perfect.

Interesting subject though!
  • 02-14-2014, 03:47 AM
    hminx
    Hi Valsi thanks for your thoughts, this is a crop from a shot I took of a merchants stand in Venice, so you are right in a way but I did explore my surroundings, this is just one of the many things that interested me there.
    And also welcome to critique love to see some of your stuff
  • 02-27-2014, 03:32 AM
    shaddisi23
    Anybody have and good home made face masks?