Marlo revisited

Printable View

• 05-17-2011, 08:56 AM
    gahspidy
    1 Attachment(s)
    Marlo revisited
    Looking back at some of the images from my shoot with burlesque performer Marlo I felt this one had a lot of good qualities about it, particularly the connection with the camera in the stare.

Feedback appreciated, what works if anything and why/whynot....

Thanks
  • 05-17-2011, 03:19 PM
    poker
    Re: Marlo revisited
    i like the eyes as well. the cropped arms makes me wish I her hands played a roll in the shot. i feel this would be better close up....less body more face. imo
  • 05-17-2011, 05:39 PM
    gahspidy
    Poker, thanks for the suggestion. I agree. The eyes and face are strong here but something about the body language that's awkward. I think a much tighter crop possibly even chopping top of head a bit a horizontal format might have potential. I will have another go at this and see. Thanks for that.
  • 05-18-2011, 08:59 AM
    gahspidy
    1 Attachment(s)
    Here is a crop that I feel works pretty well.

any thoughts....

Thanks
  • 05-18-2011, 09:08 AM
    LeeIs
    I think the crop works. I like the treatment here. the only thing for me is her right side looks like the details have been pulled out too much. kind of like a little too much 'shadow highlights' in photoshop. i think that area should be a little darker. other than that looks good, love the super highlights on the hair.
  • 05-18-2011, 09:23 AM
    gahspidy
    2 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeIs
    I think the crop works. I like the treatment here. the only thing for me is her right side looks like the details have been pulled out too much. kind of like a little too much 'shadow highlights' in photoshop. i think that area should be a little darker. other than that looks good, love the super highlights on the hair.

Thank you, Liban. I know what your referring to with the right side shadows and was worried it would come off that way. Its actually me just trying to create a sorta hazy environment as opposed to trying to squeeze out detail.
    ok, have to revisit that.

Re edited to rid the washed out fade on right.