Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Smile Luzern: The Bridge on the Crystal River

Here is a shot that for some reason lightroom didn't import. I finally found it before formatting my memory card :cryinso scary...). Touched up in Photoshop. I'll try to post a version without the halo later today, just want some general critique for now. D80 at f/3.5 and 1/350 on a Sigma 15-30mm (quite the lens I must say). My SB800 did fire, but only because I forgot to disable flash (not gonna light up a whole bridge no matter how strong it is).

--The camera's role is not to interfere with the photographer's work--

--Cibachrome: It's like printing on gold.

--Edit my photos as part of your commentary if you want to.--

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

Re: Luzern: The Bridge on the Crystal River

I don't like the light fringes around the roof on the tower and the left hand side roof of the building.
    Otherwise, it's good.
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Well, the "modern, salmon-colored roof on the left" (dunno if that is what Paul was referring to) I think you'd be better off without!

Cropping or cloning out I am not sure.. guess you'll have to try either and see which you like best if any!

I still am undecided however, if the photo would benefit or not from a crop from the right... within the square-shape on the roof (skylight? SunEnergy??)

But all in all this is a nice photo with a lot of potential! Will wait for the final....

Hope this helps,
    Marc
    Marc

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing left to add, but rather, when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de St-Exupery

Kindly do NOT edit my photos - I would rather try and apply your advice and learn...

My Ramblings....

MB1

I wish the tower in the center was a little less in the center of the image. Perhaps if you cropped off a bit from the left....
    No, I DON'T need that.

All right people. The new (and hopefully final) version is now up. This is a tricky photo, because the color of the bridge roof is important to me (it is supposed to be brick/salmon coloured with some green moss on top (quite green, it is switzerland after all)). As for the framing questions, I did not include more of the image left because there are some ugly buildings to the left, they would kill the image for me . Another difficulty with this image is getting the widest possible dynamic range, without sacrificing the highlights near the mountain. Now feel free to let loose with those critiques !
    --The camera's role is not to interfere with the photographer's work--

--Cibachrome: It's like printing on gold.

--Edit my photos as part of your commentary if you want to.--

Thread Information