Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

looking for spring

Looking for spring, was hiding on the last photo
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails looking for spring-img_1793.jpg   looking for spring-img_1788.jpg   looking for spring-img_3459.jpg   looking for spring-img_1834.jpg  

Re: looking for spring

1. I would like the subject to be more bold.

2. I love the color but the crop is too tight. perhaps a higher angle would be nice.

3. I like it. likes like good stock art where you can place some text in the upper portion.

4. subject is not strong enough.

thanks for sharing
    Canon 5D MKII & Canon 7D

im looking, im peeking. can i then just show it directly, on good angle? can subject be barely catch? it is trying to hide in the crowd....

im not saying that they are good.

BUT...

please do not mark me for representing spring. i wasnt trying to do so.

imagine a person in crowd, not in a foreground. people in foreground are not sharp, only that one person taken from crowd.

and now change peoples with flowers.

and im not saying i did it fine, but i was trying to represent spring. and other photos are just by the way

Yaqpbl; well done on trying something different from the usual run of the mill, beautiful but often boring flower shots we constantly get churned out.

You have made a good effort on the third shot and it's abstract nature appeals to me.

In your first shot the colours are really compatible and attractive. Yoy wisely threw the (uninteresting) background out of focus bur sadly at the expense of the flower itself, more of which I feel needs that extra bit of focus.

Stay with it.
    http://www.overbeyond.com

I have a total lack of respect for anything connected with society, except that which makes the roads safer, the beer stronger, the food cheaper, and the old men and old women warmer in the winter and happier in the summer. Brendan Behan

the tones in 1 are awesome , a bit more dof would had been nice, compositionss wise , this can be a bit more to the center, only slightly
    #2 way to tight , either get closer, show us more detail of the center of the flower, or go wider and let us see the whole thing, and also way to saturated
    #3 is that intentional ?
    #4 to me it looks more pleasant when the focuss iss on the bigger closer object, vs the smallest farther away

#3 it was. i liked the colours, but simple pictures was not intersting, so i tried to get only colours. i wasnt sure what i would get. i made few pictures like this one, but this one is better then other.

#4 made few with focus on closer flowers - but they are boring, and any way not good quality

and yet im not using any reprocesing. have no time to lern it, and i want to learn first just making photos. so im not going to fix saturation.

my last post error because of my poor english:
    and im not saying i did it fine, but i wasN'T trying to represent spring. and other photos are just by the way

Thread Information