Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: lonely snow man

lonely snow man

these are two pictures I took over the winter. I really don't know what to think as I never have considered myself a "photographer" - I used my Iphone to take these photos. - The first is shortly after I made a small snow man - the second I placed him in an area (I was at work and it was snowing heavy) the final two are a full three days after this and the snow man still stood because no-one wanted to disturb it for some reason. One of the eyes had fallen out but I thought that added to it.
    Just want to see what people would think of these photos.

sorry the first two are sideways - I should have checked that before uploading
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lonely snow man-lonelys.jpg   lonely snow man-lonelys2.jpg   lonely snow man-lonelys3.jpg   lonely snow man-lonelys4.jpg  

Re: lonely snow man

Welcome to the forums
    The first one has me thinking of some sort of Scary Movie for snowmen.
    Cadillaccuz if you want to go further with this then perhaps you might like to invest in an entry level DSLR and start posting here, its a great place to learn.
    Pete

Isn't it a cool thing in nature that the colours never seem to clash...

I have no issues with you editing my photos

Re: lonely snow man

Quote Originally Posted by hminx
    start posting here, its a great place to learn.
    I agree that this site is a great place to learn. You’ll have the opportunity to see many talented photographers display their work and hear from their peers what they think of the images being shown.
    I also believe that you can work on the basics, such as composition. Find out what makes a good image and what makes a great image. Find subjects that interest you, that give you pleasure and a sense of creativity. All of these things can be accomplished with the equipment you now have.
    I have a DSLR but I also use a less featured, simpler, point and shoot camera. I use the P&S because it is smaller, lighter, and I find it helpful for me to hone some of my skills by trying to find solutions to the P&S short comings.
    Although ‘better’ tools will help, they are not always within everyone’s reach. If that is an issue, don’t let it hold you back.
    I hope this will, in some way help. Welcome and keep shooting.

Ed

Thread Information