Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Lonely Cheerleaders

This was a long shot taken at a recent cheerleader competition in Florida. There were many teams walking around. Apparently this team did not do very well and were off in a field by themselves with their coach.
    I widened the shot by removing all telephoto and kept the subject off to the left to keep the sense of 'aloneness' intensified.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by ArtyZ; 02-29-2004 at 07:14 AM.

I think this would work better as part of a series, or photo essay on these cheerleaders. As is, it's a nice image, with a good composition, good exposure, and pleasing colors. But, without your comments, I'd have no idea that they were cheerleaders. I could envision some close-ups of some of them, the girls in action, and possibly their reactions to their competition. Just some thoughts. :-)

Moderator of Critiques/Hearder of Cats mtbbrian's Avatar
    It's hard to make out that they are cheerleaders, and what they could possibly be feeling.
    The blue contrasts against the green, which is a good thing.
    But overall, the image isn't visually strong enough to hold my attention.
    Brian
    My "Personal" Photography Website...
    高手
    My Moderator Bio Page...
    Nikon Samurai #2 - Emeritus
    See more of my photography here...

“A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed, and is, thereby, a true manifestation of what one feels about life in its entirety...” - Ansel Adams

"Photography Is An Act Of Life" - Maine 2006

Thread Information