Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: around the bend

around the bend

a shot i took a while back, but played with it a bit in ps...
    what do you think?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails around the bend-around-bend_filtered.jpg  
    "Too much color blinds the eye."
    -Lao Tze

Impressive.

I really like the way the roots and rocks and the bottom of the image are softened a bit but not blurry. It really adds to the surreal nature of the scene; sort of feels like "Middle Earth".

You've also added some hint of warmth to the image, which I like. The only issue I can see at first glance is the small flare in the center of the image. The sun-burst area is cool looking but maybe a tiny bit overexposed. Hard to say....
    D200 = Digital F100
    I have achieved nirvana.

thanks for the input. the softness happened somewhat by accident- i was using neat image to clean up some noise on the original and the result was what you see. instead of trashing it, i thot the outcome was pretty cool. anyway, thanks for viewing!
    -Lao Tze

You bet. By all means keep more shots like these coming. Accidental or not you've found a very interesting way to retouch your images, and with a very positive impact I'd say.
    D200 = Digital F100
    I have achieved nirvana.

Such a nice ethereal feel...I think this is a beautiful (artistic) shot...I wondered how it had ended up so "foggy" and misty....Is this a place you can go back to? seems as if there's nice photo ops...
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

yeah, this is a beautiful place. this shot was taken on ouzel falls trail in rocky mountain national park. this is what's waiting for you further on...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails around the bend-oft_filtered.jpg  
    -Lao Tze

Awesome shots both. I have a "thing" for waterfalls, viewing and photographing them. This is a fantastic picture and a very nice touch in B&W. Well done. I also like the first image, the trail.
    Kinda beckons you to follow. Thanks for sharing these, they are very good indeed.

jeff
    p.s. I would have to make a nice big print of that waterfall and put it on the wall.
    Diplomacy is the art of letting someone have your way.

Thread Information