Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Sunset

Sunset

Re: Sunset

What? No black and white? This reminds me of a Corona commerical only better. The two people in the ocean distract me from the tranquil shot. The sky is simply amazing with the layers of clouds and colors. I feel like th ebottom could be dodged some more, but that could be my monitor. Even though it isn't black and white its still nice.
    Hell, there are no rules here-- we're trying to accomplish something.
    Thomas A. Edison

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
    Thomas A. Edison

Wow....

Unreal....

I wish I could do that....

My only thought would be to darken the sand a bit more because I can see the details in the sand when I'd rather look at the sky....I don't know if that made sense.

Then I saw your gallery.....jaw dropping galery.

Wow...

Unreal...

Thank you.
    Last edited by poker; 05-02-2006 at 07:50 PM.
    Canon 5D MKII & Canon 7D

The couple on the deck chairs have it all worked out; admiring the beautiful sunset and at the same time keeping a watchful eye on the swimmers who are perfectly placed for my interpretation. You did very well to retain some detail in the sand. The sun or two suns are perfectly crisp and clear without that blown 'outness' that often comes with beautiful sunsets.
    Very nice indeed.
    Tom
    http://www.overbeyond.com

I have a total lack of respect for anything connected with society, except that which makes the roads safer, the beer stronger, the food cheaper, and the old men and old women warmer in the winter and happier in the summer. Brendan Behan

I've seen some awesome sunset images and this is one of them. GREAT job!!!! I don't like the people in the shot, it takes away from the subject....the sunset.
    Easy fix (If you are so inclined)

What can I say - I love it all as is. The detail of the beach, the tranquility of the two watchers, the enjoyment of the two in the water and the view to die for.

Roger
    "I hope we will never see the day when photo shops sell little schema grills to clamp onto our viewfinders; and the Golden Rule will never be found etched on our ground glass." from The mind's eye by Henri Cartier-Bresson

My Web Site: www.readingr.com

DSLR
    Canon 5D; EF100-400 F4.5-5.6L IS USM; EF24-70 F2.8L USM 50mm F1.8 II; EF 100 F2.8 Macro
    Digital
    Canon Powershot Pro 1; Canon Ixus 100

GB1

Great shot. The folks in the foreground really make it work .......

GB

Nature/Wildlife Forum Co-Moderator Loupey's Avatar

Lovely lovely image. I love the texture, color, and pattern of the low clouds in the top center/right.

As for the people - I'm in the middle of the two extremes. The two people sitting should definitely be there. But the two kids in water are stealing the show IMO. I can't tell if the parents are watching the kids (and therefore I am watching them) or the sunset. If I cover the kids with my thumb, the parents are definitely watching the sunset and so am I.

The image seems to have a little too much unnecessary space on the right. Removing it would move the sun off-center.
    Please do not edit or repost my images.

See my website HERE.

What's a Loupe for anyway?

Whoa Tuna, you shoot color!?!?!!

I like this a lot, however I'm also distracted by the 2 people in the water. The color and saturation are both great, and the scene is quite reminiscent of what you might find in a Caribbean travel.

Nice work...

~Chris

Love + Music + Photography = Life CLKunst's Avatar

This image looks like a dream I had when I was fifteen. I'm standing in the water with my family at the ocean when the bombs start falling. . .

I didn't see you there.
    C.L. Kunst - CLicKs Photography
    Asheville Photographer
    www.clicksphotography.net

Thread Information