• 10-10-2004, 10:42 PM
    Nina
    1 Attachment(s)
    Little Red Barn or Tool shed ?
    I came across this structure in Leesburg, Va. I was surprised to see this soft type focus appearance to it. What do you folks think ?
  • 10-10-2004, 10:44 PM
    Nina
    Re: Little Red Barn or Tool shed ?
    By the way folks, there was a little more softness added to the shot...
  • 10-11-2004, 09:57 PM
    gahspidy
    Hey Nina,
    I like the feel of this with the soft focus, The colors are great and I dig the way the barn/shed is somewhat hidden behind the branches and shadows. Normally it's not a good idea to center the subject, although this is not completely centered, it works here . I like it. You say you were surprised to see the softness to it before you added focus? Sounds like it did't come out sharp to begin with, but you turned a negative into a plus by playing on that and adding more softness to it. i like the effect.
  • 10-11-2004, 10:07 PM
    Nina
    Thanks for the feedback and your words of encouragement Gary. I am a true novice and hope to get as much feedback as possible as I go along.
    ~Nina~
  • 10-12-2004, 08:39 AM
    gahspidy
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Nina
    Thanks for the feedback and your words of encouragement Gary. I am a true novice and hope to get as much feedback as possible as I go along.
    ~Nina~

Sure, you will find this forum a great place to learn from your mistakes and to encourage you to do better. Everyone here is very helpful and willing to share their time and insight. Look forward to seeing more of your pics.