Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Gallinule #2

Gallinule #2

Here's another gallinule from this past weekend. Once again shot with my Digital Rebel and EF 100-400 IS lens.

Greg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gallinule #2-img_0493-web.jpg  

Re: Gallinule #2

The colors of the water are nice, but there is too much included. The Subject here needs to be brought in closer and a better " moment " needed to be captured. The picture could have worked from the distance it was taken if the bird was captured in such a way that it's activity or posture was intrigueing or captured ones attention more effectively.
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

I literally have thousands of pictures of gallinules so capturing a picture of the gallinule wasn’t really the point of this shot. This is more along the lines of my version of a scenery shot. The water really is the subject of the picture and it happens to have a bird in it. I guess that isn’t enough though.

Thanks for your thoughtful comments.

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by dadas115
    Here's another gallinule from this past weekend. Once again shot with my Digital Rebel and EF 100-400 IS lens.

Greg
    I think I'd like the composition with about 1/4 (or a little less) of the bottom cropped off. Would that remove anything real important to you?
    I like the good exposure and interesting emergant plants as well as the details in the subject.

Yes maybe it would be better with some off the bottom and more on the top.

Thanks,

Greg

Thread Information