Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Repost-opinions on editing work

I've been spending hours looking at photos and reading threads and I'm trying to improve my post processing skills. I've been trying out a bit of what I learned so I'd like to know if I'm moving in the right direction. I hope it's ok to repost the same photo? I really appreciate all the comments I got the first time and I'm not trying to disregard them. I'm just trying to get a handle on the correct way to edit a photo in CS2. So now I specifically want to know if I'm doing better with the post processing. The first is my original edit. The second is the newer. And in my opinion closer to his natural coloring but it's a bit darker too. I think it looks better in the highlights though. Any suggestions?

--Sarah

GB1

Re: Repost-opinions on editing work

I like the second edit job much much better. The only thing is that it's just a tad hot in the arm and maybe the chest.

Don't beat yourself to death on this photo. I'm no expert on post editing, I think you have done well but the child's skin color and background etc make it a tough job. You may have reached the point of diminishing returns. Did you use a bounce umbrella?

GB
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Re: Repost-opinions on editing work

Did you use a bounce umbrella?
    I was only using the lighting from a window.

Thanks GB. I've finally stopped messing with that photo and moved on I appreciate the response.
    --Sarah

Thread Information