Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.
    Ctn

And now for something diffirent

something diffirent....
    Any thoughts?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails And now for something diffirent-sized_bunker.jpg   And now for something diffirent-sized_kunst.jpg   And now for something diffirent-sized_kunst2.jpg  

Re: And now for something diffirent

#1 is great!

There are changes I'd be tempted to make (just to try them out, not because they are really needed), but then the image would no longer be an accurate representation of the subject matter.

Well-seen and -captured.

MB1

I agreed that the first image is great. I might be tempted to crop just a tiny bit off the top but I love it as it is. Really good use of B&W too. I am impressed by your vision to see and capture this image.

I don't really care for the second image (it is just a wall) and the third does nothing at all.
    No, I DON'T need that.

Ctn

Quote Originally Posted by MB1 View Post
    I agreed that the first image is great. I might be tempted to crop just a tiny bit off the top but I love it as it is. Really good use of B&W too. I am impressed by your vision to see and capture this image.

I don't really care for the second image (it is just a wall) and the third does nothing at all.
    Thanks MB1, your honesty is appriciated.

I saw pictures like #2 and 3# hanging in a gallery. I remember that i had some pictured like those and wanted to see what you thought of them. That you made very clear and i now know that these pictures just dont work .

Thanks for the compliments on the 1st one.

The first shot is great, good geometry, nice use of B&W, interesting

I actually like the second one. It would be a great layer in a composite image.

The third needs a subject and maybe a different PP technique.

GB1

The top one shows a very unusual angle. Certainly makes you think, though it's hard to make out exactly what it is! The second shot's a different type of picture, macro, which I think needs something. Perhaps more contrast or ? The bottom shot reminds me a little of Pompeii Italy. I think the angle's a bit too flat, but the processing keeps me looking.

G
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

I like the second one, but the texture that makes it interesting is at the top. I think that the texture as you move down just gets repetitive and does not do much for any sense of composition.

That first shot is very intriguing and compliments for seeing it and composing it as such. I like the second shot as well. the textured wall is interesting and a visual treat but somehow we see so much of that lately that I think we all may be somewhat overwhelmed and desensitized to textured anything...

the last is a good scene but the light tones and overall aesthetic make it flat and hard to appreciate....still nicely framed and a good subject.

Nice work, Ctn. You have a good eye. . .or two.
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Thread Information