• 04-16-2012, 08:49 AM
    jetrim
    3 Attachment(s)
    Lingerie shoot (maybe NSFW)
    Shot yesterday, ambient light only, selective color/B&W/or full color?
  • 04-16-2012, 09:09 AM
    Greg McCary
    Re: Lingerie shoot (maybe NSFW)
    The last one, no contest. Nice shot.
  • 04-16-2012, 11:29 AM
    Franglais
    I like the all-black-and-white one best. The light figure and the shimmering clothes stand out from the background which is rather dark. When you introduce colour it's distracting - the rich green of the leaves makes the girl look pale.
  • 04-16-2012, 11:51 AM
    mattb
    I agree with the last comment. B&W all the way!
  • 04-16-2012, 12:43 PM
    Frog
    Can I get some for my wife?
  • 04-16-2012, 01:20 PM
    jetrim
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Frog View Post
    Can I get some for my wife?

Depends how big your wallet is :D The bra in this shot runs about $480.00
  • 04-16-2012, 02:49 PM
    armando_m
    Ambiance is certainly different than what I expect for a lingerie shot

I like the B&W also

if selective color is used, then maybe make b&w everything but the warm tones ... girl, lingerie, wood ... just an idea

the lingerie has little contrast to the skin tone something with a different color maybe easier to highlight, in case that was the idea, I'm guessing
  • 04-16-2012, 06:27 PM
    jetrim
    Thanks for all the feedback! I had discounted the full color immediately, but wanted to include it here so you guys could see where the shot started. I was mostly hung up between the B&W and selective color. I wanted the wardrobe to be the focus, but not to where it was overwhelming (the selective color shot reduced the saturation by 65%). The version I've posted on Facebook and G+ includes the manufacturer logo at the top left.
  • 04-27-2012, 06:28 PM
    Kiwi3007
    I agree, B&W image is the best. The colour pop could work but the image posted doesn't exactly 'pop'.
  • 04-29-2012, 08:58 PM
    GB1
    Jet,

Hmm.

Elements .. there are elements working here. Her dress and shoes match well, as do the lingerie. I think her pose matches too, though not sure on the expression. Love the wind blowing the dress. The color is superior to my eyes.

What doesn't work for me, however, is the wood bench: it doesn't match her outfit at all. I see her on the steps of the Parthenon, in Rome, or at least at City hall in a decent-sized city. The trees and bench just don't complete the image.

Hope this helps - GB
  • 05-10-2012, 05:14 AM
    draymorton
    I'm not sure. Thinking b/w. I'd be really curious to see the selective color version with the saturation in the lingerie and dress dropped a bit, so it looks less like a selective color image and more like a b/w with an amazing tonal range. I'd like to see the color be more "subliminal." If that makes any sense.