Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

another one- last one for a while

these hurt my brain-lol but I enjoy doing them..it's hard to watch the children and give them quality time and be artistic but here ya go...a days work...

beach scene from same day but different from the last and a piece off of another pic and a piece of a door all smushed together...LOADS of burning dodgind and scale/perspective and skew filters....

thanks for putting up with my "series" ones ;)

Have at it.... by the way it's called "Opportunity" play off of the phrase opportunity knocks or door to opportunity
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by natatbeach; 02-20-2004 at 04:57 PM.
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

lumbering along at a decent pace...
    That's pretty cool. It looks like an album cover.

I LOVE this concept, nat. In fact, it gives me some ideas myself. However, I would prefer to see this piece in color. I think the sunset picture is so pretty that turning this into b/w takes away a bit of the creativity. Great photoshop work, by the way. I'm impressed.

Ray
    Reseda, CA

Happy compromise for you

Quote Originally Posted by schrackman
    Great photoshop work, by the way. I'm impressed.

Ray
    Reseda, CA
    I was shocked it worked too-he he---pieces like this REALLY help me to learn it....

I'm sure if I knew more I could have gotten it done in half the time....

thanks...

and here it is in color sort of (don't look to close it was quick and messy)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by natatbeach; 02-20-2004 at 07:35 PM.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Quote Originally Posted by merckxman
    That's pretty cool. It looks like an album cover.
    thanks ...I like when people can see as a useful image (has a purpose) than just a pretty pic
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Liz

Cool Nat........my honest opinion.....

I love the composition, IMO b&w is the right choice. Great concept & creativity. The only nitpik I have is the doorknob. It's a lovely doorknob, but to me, that's what distracts me. It looks nice on the door, but I can't get beyond it to see the rest of the photo. I'm serious about liking the image - actually I think it's exceptional (you're getting better all the time). Anyway, it's very subjective. The overall image is excellent.

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by natatbeach
    these hurt my brain-lol but I enjoy doing them..it's hard to watch the children and give them quality time and be artistic but here ya go...a days work...

beach scene from same day but different from the last and a piece off of another pic and a piece of a door all smushed together...LOADS of burning dodgind and scale/perspective and skew filters....

thanks for putting up with my "series" ones ;)

Have at it.... by the way it's called "Opportunity" play off of the phrase opportunity knocks or door to opportunity

I know ... I struggled with it too but I liked the facets...kind of like opportunity/ or choices have many facets (doubt anyone would really catch that but me) and I felt it was an eyesore , too...but a brass knob was really bland...(shoulda seen it before I distorted and changed it...)

thnaks for your "honesty" gentle as it was...
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Regarding the montage, I prefer the mixed BW and color version as it seems to have a more pronounced meaning. Another interesting alternative is to put the BW behind the door, and the reorient the door to be "opening out" into to a world of color....

A general comment: the hard lines of the door (especially at the top where you see the horizontal part of the door lead off-frame) are kind of at-odds with the outside world which is very soft and flowing. Makes for a nice contrast in form, but it's almost too stark in a way. Less opacity?

The two indoor images of the "bottom three" could be comined with another image to make an interesting triptych I think.
    D200 = Digital F100
    I have achieved nirvana.

Thread Information