Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

The "eyes" have it....

Ok, make that just the "eye"....

Re: The "eyes" have it....

welcome to the forum, ravenmore.There is alot of noise and grain in this image, but I do like the raw effect it brings to it. I have an issue with the shadowy area of the unseen eye and think it would be stronger if you cropped that area out completely. Is this a small cropped area of a much larger image? If so, you may want to consider shooting again and cropping this tightly from the start. Looking forward to more works from you.
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

I agree with Gary about the crop. I also think that the area just below the eye is to bright and lacks detail. I little PS work to be done. The idea behind the composition is nice and the persons facial expression works well.
    Greg
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

I like the concept and have always been a fan of high contrast images that erases facial detail to bring out the eyes. Here, this would be more effective with a tighter crop to eliminate the distracting collar. If this was a crop from a larger image, good effort, though next time try starting with the head filling the frame to give you more room to work your creativity.

MB1

This looks to me like you shot down towards the eye, I think I would like it better if the camera was level with or shooting straight into the eye. I would also like the left edge of the image moved either in or out, to me there it just the wrong amount of that hidden eye socket in the image.

Thread Information