Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Leggy Model

GB1

Leggy Model

Which do you prefer? First, second, third.. (or none)?

G
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Leggy Model-_dsc3376_px800.jpg   Leggy Model-_dsc3375_px800.jpg   Leggy Model-_dsc3372_2_px800.jpg  
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Re: Leggy Model

First and third, in that order. You've got a good background there. The reason No 2 comes out bottom in my view is partly because of the model's expression, but mostly because of the crop: I rather like that lamp top right (even if the low energy bulb isn't quite authentic ) and I think it is slightly stronger if the whole door is included.

PS - on your other thread - MUCH better!

Cheers
    Mike
    Mike Dales ARPS
    My website: www.mikedalesphotography.co.uk

The first one. The model is much more attractive with the big smile.

I like the second for the sensual look of the beautiful model and the most vivid color rendering
    Hello
    Ciao dall'Italia-My latest photos :wink5: : http://forums.photographyreview.com/...d=1#post418901
    My gallery on italian forum: :smilewinkgrin: http://www.photo4u.it/album_personal.php?user_id=23886
    You can use my photo for correct mistakes
    NIKON D300S,NIKKOR 18-200,TAMRON 90 MACRO 1:2,8, SIGMA 120/400 4.5/5.6 - COOLPIX S640-Extension tubes-Flash TUMAX 880+ring macro - N° 3 old KONICA A. T - T3 - DARKROOM for B&W and old CIBACROME

i like the first... the background is GREAT btw..... her expression is best in the first and the lamp isn't cut off like in the second.... i kinda like her expression in the the third one as well.....nice shots..
    "The way out is through"

All three suffer from that rear leg being "locked" in a backward bend though it is least evident in the second shot. The first shot has the best facial expression and the third has the best upper body rotation (the necklace adds a lot). Lighting on the model is best in the first, but on the background in the second (third seems a touch dark over all) So I guess my answer is ALL & NONE :lol:

GB1

Thanks folks. Interesting perspectives: I had to do somewhat heavy PP on these and I think I somehow made them a tad dark along the way (esp the last one). I guess the background does add a lot: we were lucky that it was in shade, as the light was so intense that day.

It appears each shot has it's own merits! Reading all your viewpoints, I think that # 1 wins by a nose because her smile looks so infectious (and sexy..), but I do see the value of her eyes in # 2 and her necklace in 3 (good spot Jet).

And YIPPEE, you guys didn't spot my cloning (and pixel editing) of a handicap sign on the wall. I didn't spend very long working on it, but it passed the test. Here's another shot of here WITH the sign. Maybe next time I'll bring a screwdriver to temporarily remove these things...

G
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Leggy Model-_dsc3374_px800.jpg  

My Site

A great background indeed but to me it features too strongly in the shot as if competing for attention with the model. i would have brought her forward, barrel and all, so as to put the background a little out of focus.
    Just my two pence worth.
    http://www.overbeyond.com

I have a total lack of respect for anything connected with society, except that which makes the roads safer, the beer stronger, the food cheaper, and the old men and old women warmer in the winter and happier in the summer. Brendan Behan

Chicagoland, IL, USA (transplanted canadian)

For me, I like the second one, or to put it another way, "The eyes have it!"

Now that I know you cloned, I look back and specifically looked for it. You did a fantastic job on that. I didn't notice any noticeable cloning marks. The only thing I did notice (and that is after the fact, looking for them) is the slight differences in the cloned areas textures between the different pictures. But even that is very slight. The model does a great job of drawing the eye away
    Cheers,
    Greg

---
    Canon Digital Rebel XTi
    Tamron 17-50 f/2.8 XR Di II VC (new favorite)
    EF-S IS 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6; EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III; EF 50mm f/1.8 II
    Sony CyberShot DSC-V1

GB1

I see what you're suggesting Tom, but that would have been impractical here, as there's not much chance we could have moved the barrel that far from the door (the background doesn't fade out that quickly). That's always the the danger of interesting backgrounds though. I think that's why plain studio backgrounds tend to work so well.

Greg, glad you liked the model. She had a great attitude and was fun to work with. Maybe I'll get the chance to shoot w/ her again.

Thks on the congrats, but if you look really close you will see some smear marks where the cloning was done. I could have done a little better job, but didn't feel like spending too long on it and the fact that nobody mentioned it means it was 'good enough.' It's one of my goals to get more efficient on PP.

G

My Site

Smile Re: Leggy Model

I like the model's expression in the second, but not the cropped lamp. I don't think I would have noticed the clone work, good job. I really like her smile in the third photo, but I guess it all depends on what she/you will use the photos for! In the end, I would say the third because I don't think she is modeling the clothes - in which case I personally would have picked the second. Great pic!

Thread Information