Leaping Bass

Printable View

• 01-08-2009, 08:44 PM
    draymorton
    Re: Leaping Bass
    Great, unusual shots, Ron! The first one is nuts! Agree with retro and others about the mag quality. I see that, too. I do agree with some of what Greg said, as well: lady struggling and fish's eye in shot could make it (even) better. And I'm wondering what a tighter crop around the lady and the fish would look like - not that it would do anything positive at all, just wondering. Really interesting, fun shots, nonetheless; I would definitely like to see of this variety.

What f-stop were you at and how did you focus, sir, if you please?
  • 01-10-2009, 01:29 AM
    Sandypants2000
    Awesome shot. Is the problem that the bait looks like its lying in the grass rather than in the mouth of the fish?
  • 01-10-2009, 06:28 PM
    mn shutterbug
    Actually, if her rod isn't bent and the line is slack, the bass spit the lure out. Then again, she probably wouldn't have a smile on her face if that happened. :D

Ron, where in KY do you find fish like that? I'm thinking of going on vacation to KY this year. It sure would be nice to tie into a hawg.
  • 01-10-2009, 06:43 PM
    Ron Kruger
    Hey Bug,
    I live near Barkley Lake. Kentucky Lake isn't very far, either, and I guided full-time on it during the 1990s. If you're coming this way, let me know and I'll help you with places to stay, guides, etc.
  • 01-10-2009, 07:11 PM
    mn shutterbug
    Bug? Most people call me mn. That's OK, as long as you call me.

I was actually considering Paducah as our destination, which I see isn't far from Barclay Lake. Thanks for the offer. I'm sure I'll be in touch, although I'm sure a guide will be beyond my budget.