Landscape

Printable View

• 07-03-2009, 03:51 PM
    A.M.D.A.
    Landscape
    Taken a few days ago at a park, evening light.

3x versions with different lightness were "blended" together in GIMP, plus some other edits afterward (i.e. wide-crop). No stitching.

All feedback appreciated. :)
    Other equipment: PENTAX lens hood, TIFFEN 52mm UV HAZE-1 filter, Velbon CX-540 tripod
    Aperture: F14
    Shutter-speed: 1/100 second
    ISO: 400
    Focal length: 18mm (35mm equiv = 27mm)
    Focus: AF-S, with "Quick-Shift" MF fine-tuning

• 07-03-2009, 04:08 PM
    jetrim
    Re: Landscape
    Personally, I love it. Very serene and the tonal bend works very nicely.
  • 07-04-2009, 08:19 PM
    A.M.D.A.
    Thanks for the comments, jetrim.
  • 07-08-2009, 03:33 PM
    GB1
    Hmmm.

Relaxing. This one reminds me of a lazy, country day. Or an old western movie on a slow Saturday afternoon. The muted colors really work.

The composition is a bit unusual though. Not that it's bad, it just seems so weighted to the left side of the image with the big tree there. The fence in the other parts sort of counterbalances it, but it's almost like a battle between the big tree and the small, skinny fence. Like rancher vs farmer.

My only want is for more space below the fence. Does the original have any? If so, repost :)

G
  • 07-09-2009, 12:59 PM
    A.M.D.A.
    Thank you very much for the extensive comments, GB1. :)

I totally agree with you about the big tree vs fence, wanted to see if anyone else here noticed it also.

Here is another version with a bit more space below the fence. I don't quite like how the horizon ended up running accross the center of the frame.

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/2...scapev1web.jpg
  • 07-13-2009, 02:08 PM
    DrRoebuck
    The HDR has taken any sense of realism out of it and rendered it tonally flat overall.
  • 07-14-2009, 12:16 PM
    A.M.D.A.
    Appreciate the feedback, DrRoebuck. :)
  • 07-14-2009, 01:28 PM
    Frog
    I like the scene and I don't think its that flat. I think a levels adjustment could help bring out the sky and clouds better which would make it even less flat.
    A circular polarizer would have helped.
  • 07-14-2009, 03:33 PM
    GB1
    I see the flatness, which is basically the same tonal range throughout the image. But I think that adds to the harmony of the shot .. nice and relaxing.

G
  • 07-14-2009, 07:10 PM
    starriderrick
    Very tranquil Alex,
    I would love to see a bit more of the golden light at the bottom.Other than that...I'm relaxed.Good feedback on this shot.

Rick