Lake Michigan Lighthouse

Printable View

• 09-27-2008, 06:05 PM
    PhoebeG
    1 Attachment(s)
    Lake Michigan Lighthouse
    Lighthouse in St. Joseph, Michigan. Polarized to the max. Too much??

Phil G.
  • 09-27-2008, 06:18 PM
    jkriminger
    Re: Lake Michigan Lighthouse
    maybe just a little more exposure in the lower left. Your horizon is off a little too. If your out there again..hang off the right rail and try one back left with less blue sky..slower speed. Nice comp.
  • 09-27-2008, 06:28 PM
    PhoebeG
    1 Attachment(s)
    Thanks Rod. I messed with the horizon a bit to try to level it, but its curved from the wide (ish) lense and its a bit of a comprimise.

Phil G.
  • 09-27-2008, 06:50 PM
    jkriminger
    its close...in cs3 try filter/distort/lens correction to work with those wide angles..sometimes i'll warp a fisheye straight and then crop whats left over
  • 09-28-2008, 05:02 AM
    danic
    I do enjoy the first photo more. I feel the photo is as much about the clouds, patterns and texture's as it is about the Lighthouse. Perhaps a shot closer to the lighthouse?

I do like the effect on the clouds though.
  • 09-28-2008, 07:00 PM
    gahspidy
    Very nice. I like the composition very much. The scene was very contrasty due to the lighting and some post processing could help to ease up the bright cloud and bring a bit of detail to the dark areas. This is not really about the lighthouse so much as it is about the silhouettes of the span and roadway, the diagonal lines and cloud formations.
    Nicely composed.
  • 09-28-2008, 07:36 PM
    Greg McCary
    Nice composition, with the corrected horizon. It does seem to need a slight sharpening. But great shot.
  • 09-29-2008, 07:02 PM
    PhoebeG
    Thanks all. It does look like it could use a bit of sharpening.

Phil G.