Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Lady of Umbrellas - 2

Not too sure about this one as I am the other one, do fish hard for critique even if it's negative (I at least would like to know why).

exif:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/karljoh...57605845965234

Stop Or I'll Shoot Photography Lori11's Avatar

Re: Lady of Umbrellas - 2

Ok, I looked at both of them and I like them both for different reasons :lol: Im a huge help huh? I really like this one better however, very mystical. I like the distant feeling of it and the colors seem just right to me. (Im not very technical, sorry!) I know what I like though

I really like the first one (I'd comment in that post but my computer is SLOW and it would take forever to open it back up to comment). I'd choose that one over this one because it seems like you've lost too much of the detail in this one.

I really like the poses of each, I just wish there was a tad more color and detail in this one.
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.

MB1

I think this one would be very effective with a nice dark frame. As it appears here on a white page it disappears into the background.
    No, I DON'T need that.

I agree with lori, like the idea of the dark frame and will try to sat. the colors in ps :P this is the original uneditted version, i tried originally to sat the colors but the outcome turned out very unnatural looking and almost painterly..

Also, make sure your monitors are calibrated correctly, because I just noticed there was so much lack in detail in the body and then I re-calibrated my monitor's display and I can see the bottom portion of her (although faintly) again.

Thank you for the comments!

The red headed step child jgredline's Avatar

I prefer the other, while I know you are after the blown highlights effect, I think this one is a bit much. I don't like the way her hands disappear as well as the umbrella handle.

I don't know if in PP you took that out or thats what you have out of the box?
    εὐχαριστέω σύ
    αποκαλυπτεται γαρ οργη θεου απ ουρανου επι πασαν ασεβειαν και αδικιαν ανθρωπων των την αληθειαν εν αδικια κατεχοντων
    διοτι το γνωστον του θεου φανερον εστιν εν αυτοις ο γαρ θεος αυτοις εφανερωσεν
    τα γαρ αορατα αυτου απο κτισεως κοσμου τοις ποιημασιν νοουμενα καθοραται η τε αιδιος αυτου δυναμις και θειοτης εις το ειναι αυτους αναπολογητους

Ah no the only thing i (unsuccessfully looking at the poor job I did now) was to take away the treeline in the bottom :[ that's what came out of the box

GB1

Kajuah - I have an idea for an edit if you would like me to try it.
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Sure, go ahead GB1. I'm interested to see what your idea entails.

GB1

Kajuah ... Not sure this has anything over yours, just a shot in the dark

G
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My Site

I admire your efforts to come up with something different.
    I feel this one has a lovely delicate feel to it. The shaft of the umbrella and her holding hand are just about invisible so if you can bring these parts back then I would say you have a really good shot.
    http://www.overbeyond.com

I have a total lack of respect for anything connected with society, except that which makes the roads safer, the beer stronger, the food cheaper, and the old men and old women warmer in the winter and happier in the summer. Brendan Behan

That's a nice edit, Gb1, but I think I prefer the original. Thanks anyway I see where you were going, though, in the edit it looks like it's raining.

GB1

Quote Originally Posted by Kajuah
    That's a nice edit, Gb1, but I think I prefer the original. Thanks anyway I see where you were going, though, in the edit it looks like it's raining.
    Yeah, I added the rain using Corel's Weather effect

My Site

Thread Information