Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Lady

Lady

Something completely different than my usual. Let me know if it works for you.

Liban

"There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have." Nelson Mandela

Nikon Samurai #23 - The Alexei Ponikarovsky of PR

Havana Cuba Photography

Re: Lady

Very nicely done. I think that it should be grounded with a pair of shoes. There is something about the bottom of the skirt that bothers me. It just seems too straight across. May be the shoes would help that.

That's preety cool, the shadow is a nice touch.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

I really like the concept and you put this together very well. In addition to the shoes that Arne mentioned, I'd suggest cropping out the arm stubs, and maybe dangle a couple earrings on those beautiful ears!
    Ken

My Website: His Creation
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take." Wayne Gretzky

The idea is rock solid, and the color tones are great. I think if it were me though, I would try to change the perspective and shoot this from waist level to get some separation between the bottom of the skirt and the end of the pier. It would also eliminate the compression effect in the garments that comes from shooting downward.

great idea, powerful too, the rest of the image is mostly ignored while trying to see the lady

the hat .. is it a woman's hat ?
    is the lady part of real photo ?

Nice work, Liban. I agree about shooting from a lower angle. Also agree with losing the arm stubs from the mannequin. As it is now, the light off the shore with reflection on the water is distracting. The concept is great.
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Arne, I see what you are saying. I agree, i think shoes would've anchored her nicely. thank you.

Thanks Greg

Ken, I see what you mean. The lady was wearing a black under shirt , I should've gotten rid of it. thank you. oh and earings would be an awesome touch.

Jetrim, thanks, yeah that would've isolated her from the BG. Thank you.

Armando, lol. no it's a man's hat. hehe. The lady was a real photo i took last year. I cloned her out. thanks.

Gary. Yeah the black stub is actually an under shirt the real lady i shot was wearing. you guys are right though, it needs to go. this is just a test kind of shot. I'm hoping to shoot the real thing on scene next time. Just shoot one shot of the scene and one with a person, then mask out the human part. thanks man.
    Liban

"There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have." Nelson Mandela

Havana Cuba Photography

Friggin' killer!

Don't know about the lights or reflections to the left (and maybe the other ones closer to center), but the rest is bril. Angle is fine. Very impressed.

Thanks Seth! Glad you liked it!
    Liban

Havana Cuba Photography

Definitively work for me.
    I love the composition agree that the pair of shoes will be the final touch great work

GB1

ha!

Can you make her have an orange glow? That would make her stand out. Shoes may help too. Nice change up -

GB
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

I thought maybe a set of wet footprints on the dock.
    The shadow where it is makes it look like she has very short legs, great concept Liban.
    Pete

Isn't it a cool thing in nature that the colours never seem to clash...

I have no issues with you editing my photos

Thread Information