Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Julia

GB1

Julia

Comments welcome.
    Name:  DSC_0737_Edit1_Crop2_Post_Frame_1200.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  227.6 KB
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Re: Julia

I am not crazy about the crop. It looks cramp to me. To much girl in to little space. Maybe if her hand wasn't in the shot.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

GB1

Does this work better?

Julia-dsc_0737_edit1_1_post_1000.jpg

My Site

Love + Music + Photography = Life CLKunst's Avatar

Yes!!!! Much better!!! Love the portrait framing vs the landscape especially when you have the lovely arch shape overhead framing it.
    Sorry GB - I have a particular pet peeve about lopped off foreheads from landscape framing.
    C.L. Kunst - CLicKs Photography
    Asheville Photographer
    www.clicksphotography.net

GB1

Thanks Cindy. This is just the kind of feedback I need! I also felt a little unsure about the crop, though interestingly, she liked it quite a bit (but she may have liked the full frame one even more).

In general I think portrait format works much better with models, but it really depends on what the background is.. i.e., with beach shots, where you want to see the wide expanse of the ocean and shoreline, landscape wins out.

My Site

Model shots/ headshots have gone through different phases of what sets the standard. Cut off foreheads and landscape format are the norm. It used to be black and white, shoulder and up for headshots. Anything else meant that the person submitting wasn't "in the know". In my opinion, things change just to make sure people following this type of career are keeping up with the trends. Therefore, weeding out quickly, those that are just wannabes. ( I am talking about acting/modeling more than photography, though a photographer should be aware of the headshot trends as well.)
    So, the first shot does fit just fine, though, I would think the right eyebrow is too close to the frame. I think the lighting is quite good and she should be pleased with both shots.

Beautiful model. Hot hot hot!!!!!!

So beautiful..

Thread Information