Julia 2

Printable View

• 10-31-2013, 08:31 PM
    GB1
    1 Attachment(s)
    Julia 2
    Julia's getting some good feedback, so how is this shot? Taken the same day.

(not too bad I think, but wish it all came together even better: her, pose, background, lighting...)

Attachment 92317
  • 11-01-2013, 11:56 AM
    armando_m
    Re: Julia 2
    Gorgeous model

I like the light from her waist to her head
    also the position of her arms

WB seems a bit cool ? look at her eyes and teeth a bit blue

maybe because of the focal length her body looks longer than her legs, or maybe because she is bending the legs :)

I may have turned the camera 45 degrees to the left, zoom in and capture her upper body
  • 11-01-2013, 01:14 PM
    Greg McCary
    I have to agree with Armando. I also think the background needs to be darkened. Just something about the lighting is just off.
  • 11-01-2013, 09:12 PM
    arne saknussen
    The reflections are throwing me off. How do they connect to the figure? There is also something odd about the framing of the figure in the pool structure, maybe move her down into the more tan block and let the outer (whiter) edge frame her?

It is so almost there though, I must say.
  • 11-05-2013, 10:09 PM
    GB1
    Thanks for commenting all.

Armando, this color balance here was very hard to get right (!) Try it yourself if you have the time, but I had a hard time keeping the blue blue and her warm. Don't think the upper body crop would work from this angle, but I did try a few standing over top of her that may be what you suggest .. I will try color balancing ( :D ) and posting it.

Greg, I already darkened the background once, but maybe I can do it a little more and see what happens...

Arne, good point! The reflections have nothing to do with her, and I think that hurts the image. If they only had a cityscape reflection, or a beach, or ? And yes, the geometry is tricky! I will try your suggestion to clip off some of the water and see what happens.

She's a good model BTW folks ... very easy to shoot.

G
  • 11-11-2013, 02:39 AM
    hminx
    Congrats on feature GB, sorry I can't offer anything constructive on this as model photography is really not my thing, maybe one day.