Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

1st post, go easy....

Hi people, first post ever on a photography forum! Brought my self a Canon Power shot G7 for when I went traveling, Really got into taking pictures on my travels, back home, ventured on to manual and still taking photos! Will post a few more over the next couple of days, would love some feedback on this one. Taken at a derelict watermill.
    Many Regards
    Edd
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1st post, go easy....-water.jpg  

Re: 1st post, go easy....

Welcome Edd. Everything looks sharp and clear and well exposed, to me anyway. However, I'm far from an expert. The only question I have is, what is it? Is there any way you could have added something to the photo to give it some scale or recognition?
    Mike
    www.specialtyphotoandprinting.com
    Canon 30D X 2, Canon 100-400L, Thrift Fifty, Canon 18-55 IS 3rd generation lens plus 430 EX II flash and Better Beamer. :thumbsup:

Moderator of Critiques/Hearder of Cats mtbbrian's Avatar

I am a little confused as to what I am looking at and what you were trying to do here Edd.
    It look like you were trying to capture the water, but it is kind of hard to tell really.
    I am glad you are getting back into photography and am I equally glad you found us.
    Make sure you check out the other forums, there's a wealth of information to be found here.
    If you stick around, your photography will improve exponentially.
    I look forward to seeing more from you.
    :thumbsup:
    Brian
    My "Personal" Photography Website...
    高手
    My Moderator Bio Page...
    Nikon Samurai #2 - Emeritus
    See more of my photography here...

“A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed, and is, thereby, a true manifestation of what one feels about life in its entirety...” - Ansel Adams

"Photography Is An Act Of Life" - Maine 2006

Welcome aboard Edd. I agree with the others that what you are trying to shoot as an overall image is slightly unclear. I like the water in the lower half of the shot but, the upper half loses me and distracts from the lower. Might try cropping it down 1/3 and in from the left a 1/3. Hope you stick around for a while and hope to see more shots

Happy shooting,
    Aaron
    Aaron Lehoux * flickr
    Please do not edit my photos, thank you.

Thread Information