Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

macro photography, with a fisheye

did this for a school assigment. the theme was spring, so i ran out in my garden and took some photos of the flowers. i wanted to use my fisheye and take the photo down in the flower so the flower filled the whole frame. i got that, but heres a different angle.

bear in mind, this is shot with my 10,5mm fisheye. hehe.

no editing, only cropping.

what do you think?

Liz

Re: macro photography, with a fisheye

Wow! This is awesome, very sharp and great color renditon. I forgot you could do macro with a fisheye. Your hands must be very steady, or did you use a tripod?

Great job. :thumbsup:

Liz

Pretty cool. I don't know if I've ever tried any macro photos with my fisheye. I wonder if the Nikon 10.5 would be any different than my Canon 15mm regarding minimum focus distance? What aperture did you use? And did you use a tripod?

The one thing this is missing is the luminescence that some of the best flower macros I've seen have. Since flower macros aren't something I shoot, I don't know how the photographers get that kind of lighting. My guess is there's some backlighting illuminating the flower right through the petals. I think this one could use a little more light on the inside. I suppose that would be tough if you've got a fisheye lens jammed right inside the flower, though
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

i used 1/250 shutter
    f. 20 aperture
    iso 200
    hanheld flash
    no tripod.

i think my fisheye can focus on shorter distances than the 15mm. and since theres more vignetting you can get the feeling of the object being closer than it really is (or the oposite)

thanks for the comments

Thread Information