• 03-09-2005, 06:05 PM
    ShotsbyScott
    Re: Jackson Hole
    Beautiful shot!

Scott
  • 03-09-2005, 08:50 PM
    DownByFive
    I'm so jealous...Here on the Palouse we have more barns than you can shake a stick at, but no freaking mountains. Anyways, great shot. If I had to critique, I'd say that the branches on the right could be cropped, and maybe some adjustments made to give a little more contrast to the mountains and bring out the color of the sunlight. That would probably help to add some depth too. But even as is, this is nice...
  • 03-09-2005, 09:49 PM
    EOSThree
    Thank you for your comments. This is about the 5th shot in a sequence of 8. This is probably my second favorite shot of the sequence, but something about the frosty feel this one has does something for me. The 8th shot has a more warm tone to it, it's probably my favorite, but like I said this one for some reason intriques me. You are right I could probably leave the trees on the right out of the frame and have a stronger image, details like that are exactly what I miss a lot of the time when I am out shooting.
    Canon 10D, 80-200 f/4L, Hi tech .3 graduated ND, 1/4sec f/16
  • 03-10-2005, 05:31 AM
    readingr
    Superb photo and envy of the scenary you have. I would have like to see the photo taken with a poariser instead of the Graduated ND. The sky looks a little too gray for my taste and wonder what it would look like with a deep blue as it seems cloudless.
  • 03-10-2005, 09:03 AM
    PlantedTao
    Great shot of a beautiful area. The composition is nicely done, the barn holds my attention and then I'm drawn to those mountains. I have to agree with the other post, there needs to be more contrast in the photo. Right now it is a bit washed out and nothing really pops. I think with a little bit of adjustment this will be an great picture.
    Cheers
  • 03-10-2005, 09:18 AM
    OldSchool
    I must 2nd Down by Five (at.al). It is a very nice composition. Bringing out a little more color and contrast would really put this over the top.

BR,
    Tim
  • 03-10-2005, 04:52 PM
    Nina
    Breathtaking shot. Makes me want to take a trip out there. The mountains appear so powerful behind that dollhouse-like barn. Great capture.
  • 03-11-2005, 07:06 PM
    EOSThree
    1 Attachment(s)
    Different version
    Is this cheating? The morning I shot this on was kind of gray, the warm morning light wasn't outstanding and the sky was boring clear. I changed white balance and added a little color cast to the sky, what do you think?
  • 03-11-2005, 07:24 PM
    jar_e
    Re: Different version
    Love the second shot. Seems alot more bold and you don't have that haziness of your first shot.

Nice shot,

Jared
  • 03-12-2005, 02:14 AM
    DownByFive
    Re: Different version
    Quote:

Originally Posted by EOSThree
    Is this cheating? The morning I shot this on was kind of gray, the warm morning light wasn't outstanding and the sky was boring clear. I changed white balance and added a little color cast to the sky, what do you think?

Cheating? No way! It's all about showing us your interpretation of this scene, not exactly what was there...At least that's my take on it.
  • 03-13-2005, 05:01 PM
    FadderUri
    My first thought? Postcard!! Trust me, I don't mean that in a bad way. It's a very good shot, reaches out and grabs you. Excellent composition, although a bit of color boost couldn't hurt.
  • 03-13-2005, 05:33 PM
    EOSThree
    Post Card :)
    I am satisfied with post card right now, so thanks for the compliment. I want to work my way up to art. Taking post cards is a good start, I think?. I still have problems adding color that is not there to start with. I don't know how much post processing is too much. I still feel as if the scene didn't contain it to begin with, I have no right to add it. I guess I don't know where to draw the line in post processing. I kind of like to get it right in the camera and tweak it, a little USM, change in white balance to reflect the scene as my eyes saw it, and maybe a little exposure compensation.