Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.
    Shoot Now - Sort Later

Red face It's gone to the dogs...

This is one of the very few photos that my husband has actually let me take of him (he hates the camera and stays far away from me when I have it!) But on this particular day he was in the yard with our two dogs and it's the best one that I have of him. I tinted it a little on the reddish-brown side and soften it up.

I'd like to hear your thoughts. BTW - I know that the one dogs ear is flipped out - I can't stand that part.. is there any *easy* way to fix it?

In the Yard -edited
    ~ I refuse to tip-toe though life, only to arrive safely at death ~

A picture is a present you give yourself shootme's Avatar

Re: It's gone to the dogs...

Terrific shot, the hat works well too. Composition and lighting spot on, I'd crop more off the top. Pity the foot is cut off but no big deal. Dogs ear is fine, let it flip out, adds character. The expression on your husbands face looks like something just happened...dog's foot on the wrong place??? Cheers. S
    :thumbsup: Shootme...

Please don't edit and re-post or use my images (not that you'd want to anyway...). without my written permission. Thank you

Shoot Now - Sort Later

Re: It's gone to the dogs...

Yeah, they were romping and rolling all over him that day. Sasha (the dalmatian) is a comedian. She likes to play rough and believe it or not, she has got some muscle in her small frame!
    ~ I refuse to tip-toe though life, only to arrive safely at death ~

Thread Information