Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Irish Fishing Village

Any thoughts?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Irish Fishing Village-irish-fishing-village.jpg  

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Re: Irish Fishing Village

I was not impressed AT FIRST. But then I started exploring, attracted first to tha old boat and then finding many more details.
    I like minimalist but I also like slightly cluttered so my eyes travel from item to item connecting them within the composition.
    So many textures.
    Only thing that might improve it for my eye is more depth of field.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

I like it very much. Your eye naturally flows from the boat along the building line into the picture..

This image is just made to fossick around in and wonder at the elements and their uses, nice shot. I would like it a tad sharper but I suspect sizing for web had a bearing here.
    Pete

Isn't it a cool thing in nature that the colours never seem to clash...

I have no issues with you editing my photos

Love it for all the reasons mentioned above. Great use of HDR; not overdone. I also like that you've chosen b/w - no colors to distract from the variety of textures.

Trying to find something to critique. I'll keep looking.

Great scene

I guess it would have been to much of a hassle to move the tree obscuring the building in the background

GB1

Hmm.

This one tells a story. Not a complete one, but at least part of a story. That boat looks like a whale. I wish it was a tad wider (less tight) in composition. The black and white effect looks good to me, though also a bit manipulated (no problem with that, it looks OK).

Compositionally it is bold, but at the same time I am not sure about how that boat lies there in the front of the image, where it seems to 'block' the viewer from entering. I guess it doesn't invite the viewer in in that respect. So I wonder what it would look like without the boat (guess we'll never know).

Good work!

G
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Hmm, depends how you are trying to depict the image. With B&W, what I see is dreary, lifeless, and still. If there was color the picture could look very alive. But it depends what you were going for!

Great textures and a lovely composition, congratulations on the sticky, well deserved!

The attention to detail is unbelievable and I think this type of setting lends to a B&W photo. Congrats on the photo. Where in Ireland was this photo taken?

Nice picture.

I looked at the image long and hard. I feel the boat is blocking the eye to the rest of the photo and I want to see more of the front of the house. It might have been better to have had the boat on the left as a lead in to the house, so instead of straight on as it is, have it leading into the picture. I suspect you took more than just this and different angles. There is symmetry in the image which is good. Also I know you can't do much about it, but the that tree on the right behind the boat would have been better not to have been there. Just my thoughts hope I haven't offended. As stated before what I like is that it does tell a story

Hi Lightmuncher...thanks or the feedback. You did not offend ...don't have to worry about that here ...it is really a place to critique a photo, not just give it lip service. The position of the tree, boat and the house was a challenge ...and I agree I did not much care for the tree being the boat ...but could not really find an angle to remove it ....

Thread Information