• 03-02-2012, 06:00 AM
    llewpics
    1 Attachment(s)
    Irish Fishing Village
    Any thoughts?
  • 03-02-2012, 10:23 PM
    Frog
    Re: Irish Fishing Village
    I was not impressed AT FIRST. But then I started exploring, attracted first to tha old boat and then finding many more details.
    I like minimalist but I also like slightly cluttered so my eyes travel from item to item connecting them within the composition.
    So many textures.
    Only thing that might improve it for my eye is more depth of field.
  • 03-03-2012, 12:46 AM
    Footski
    I like it very much. Your eye naturally flows from the boat along the building line into the picture..
  • 03-03-2012, 01:10 AM
    hminx
    This image is just made to fossick around in and wonder at the elements and their uses, nice shot. I would like it a tad sharper but I suspect sizing for web had a bearing here.
  • 03-03-2012, 07:45 AM
    draymorton
    Love it for all the reasons mentioned above. Great use of HDR; not overdone. I also like that you've chosen b/w - no colors to distract from the variety of textures.

Trying to find something to critique. I'll keep looking. :)
  • 03-03-2012, 07:56 AM
    armando_m
    Great scene

I guess it would have been to much of a hassle to move the tree obscuring the building in the background :)
  • 03-03-2012, 08:08 PM
    GB1
    Hmm.

This one tells a story. Not a complete one, but at least part of a story. That boat looks like a whale. I wish it was a tad wider (less tight) in composition. The black and white effect looks good to me, though also a bit manipulated (no problem with that, it looks OK).

Compositionally it is bold, but at the same time I am not sure about how that boat lies there in the front of the image, where it seems to 'block' the viewer from entering. I guess it doesn't invite the viewer in in that respect. So I wonder what it would look like without the boat (guess we'll never know).

Good work!

G
  • 03-11-2012, 08:25 PM
    mandude
    Hmm, depends how you are trying to depict the image. With B&W, what I see is dreary, lifeless, and still. If there was color the picture could look very alive. But it depends what you were going for!
  • 03-13-2012, 02:09 AM
    Herriot
    Great textures and a lovely composition, congratulations on the sticky, well deserved!
  • 03-14-2012, 07:15 AM
    merlot105
    The attention to detail is unbelievable and I think this type of setting lends to a B&W photo. Congrats on the photo. Where in Ireland was this photo taken?
  • 03-28-2012, 09:53 AM
    magi48
    Nice picture.
  • 04-01-2012, 03:12 AM
    lightmuncher
    I looked at the image long and hard. I feel the boat is blocking the eye to the rest of the photo and I want to see more of the front of the house. It might have been better to have had the boat on the left as a lead in to the house, so instead of straight on as it is, have it leading into the picture. I suspect you took more than just this and different angles. There is symmetry in the image which is good. Also I know you can't do much about it, but the that tree on the right behind the boat would have been better not to have been there. Just my thoughts hope I haven't offended. As stated before what I like is that it does tell a story
  • 04-01-2012, 04:29 AM
    llewpics
    Hi Lightmuncher...thanks or the feedback. You did not offend ...don't have to worry about that here ...it is really a place to critique a photo, not just give it lip service. The position of the tree, boat and the house was a challenge ...and I agree I did not much care for the tree being the boat ...but could not really find an angle to remove it ....