i need help on this one

Printable View

• 04-20-2004, 09:15 PM
    weebles
    1 Attachment(s)
    i need help on this one
    Hey i have been reading alot of photography book lately.. but all of them say practice is what i need.. so i took some shots of my cat.. here is the photo.. what u think of it?? I need help and comments on this.. im using a Nikon Coolpix 2100.
  • 04-20-2004, 09:24 PM
    barmy101
    Not bad really. Since the paw is white it draws the most attention and is therefore a bit distracting. I would try to keep that in mind and exclude it in future shots. The catchlights in the eyes look good.
  • 04-20-2004, 10:29 PM
    gahspidy
    This is a good shot, composition is nice, and you caught the cat in a nice scene. I only think the flash is a bit harsh, which is typical for most point and shoot cameras, but a nice shot considering.
  • 04-20-2004, 11:37 PM
    weebles
    hmm the funny thing
    the funny thing is i didnt use flash at all.. i did adjust a lil using adobe photoshop.. probably thats where the harsh conditions came about haha.. but yeah i just had the cam for 3 days? so im gona go on practice.. later on im taking a pic of my frends chinchila.. ill try to pose if any pops up. thanks for the comments anyway! ill take every comments into consideration.. and yup the white paws is the prob i guess... hmm..
  • 04-21-2004, 05:53 PM
    Wings
    That's some great looking cat!

Nice shot, but I have to agree, the paw is distracting.
    Important to mention; the eyes are the sharpest part of the image, good of you to pay attention to that.

Well done Weebles. :)
  • 04-21-2004, 06:01 PM
    Liz
    Sweet Kitty
    I agree about the paw.......but hey! you did a great job on the rest of the photo - the eyes are great. Sweet little face. Definitely a keeper. :cool:

Liz

Quote:

Originally Posted by weebles
    Hey i have been reading alot of photography book lately.. but all of them say practice is what i need.. so i took some shots of my cat.. here is the photo.. what u think of it?? I need help and comments on this.. im using a Nikon Coolpix 2100.

• 04-27-2004, 01:30 PM
    Photo-John
    I love it!
    I don't think it's too harsh and I don't mind the paw out in front. My cat is always trying to put his paw on my face so it's a "pose" that seems natural to me. I like how the door frame (or whatever it is) frames the kitty. That's very nice and you did good leaving it in. It's also got nice textures which contrast with the soft fur of the cat. The only real criticism I have is the crop. I think it would work better as a horizontal and I wish the hind legs weren't chopped. Ideally, I'd like to see the whole cat and some negative space to the right to better balance the image and give it an engaging composition. Overall, I really like this and enjoyed seeing it. Makes me want to go home and hug my cats! :D
  • 04-27-2004, 01:40 PM
    redskies.ca
    paws for ya
    I think the paw adds to the overall composition. It catches the eye, and then leads it to the face. If you were going to photoshop the pic I might have burned out some of the detail from the bottom left. I found that that is where my eye landed, and the last thing I saw befor looking away. IMHO of course.

Bruce
  • 04-27-2004, 01:45 PM
    Photo-John
    Good point
    Quote:

Originally Posted by redskies.ca
    I think the paw adds to the overall composition. It catches the eye, and then leads it to the face. If you were going to photoshop the pic I might have burned out some of the detail from the bottom left. I found that that is where my eye landed, and the last thing I saw befor looking away. IMHO of course.

Bruce

I think there's some room to crop the bottom left out, too. I think cropping a little tighter on the bottom strengthens the image. Although I'm not a fan of most square images. I still wish it was a 2:3 or 4:5 horizontal.
  • 04-28-2004, 10:59 AM
    Young Shooter
    i think this is a very dramatic picture its cool it shows like the beast of the cat B&W would of made it more dramatic but its cool i think