Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.
    Starting to think outside of the box icicle's Avatar

East Canyon Creek

Just wondering how this works out, I found it to be a little hard trying to shoot clear water.
    That is a 2x10 or a 2x12 plank running across these two rocks, and behind those rock is another small foot bridge homemade out of 2x6 and plywood.
    I would of fished in here but didn't see any fish swimming bye.

Thank you for looking

Starting to think outside of the box icicle's Avatar

Re: East Canyon Creek

Wow No one yet

Re: East Canyon Creek

ViewFinder is more about sharing than getting serious feedback. If you really want feedback, the Photo Critique forum is the place to post. So I went ahead and moved your post in the hope that it will get more attention here.

This looks like a location that has potential. But the photo isn't really working for me. It doesn't have a really clear subject. It needs a person or something else in it to really draw my attention. The content that I can see right now makes a nice background. But it isn't standing on its own. The mixed light isn't working very well, either.

I suggest you go back at a different time of day when the light is more even and shoot again. Think about what it is that made you want to take a picture here. Did you picture yourself fishing here? Maybe you need to put a fisherman in the photo - it needs something more to bring it alive.

One of the most difficult things with photography can be analyzing your own photos. And it's not all about technique. To make really great photos you have to learn to understand yourself and what motivates you to take a particular photo. Having that personal insight will help you take the photo that your inner self is suggesting to you. Try to get in touch with that quiet inner dialogue and I think you'll see your photos really come alive. I hope that helps
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Thread Information