Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.
    Excuse me while I burn in the sky Clicker's Avatar

Smile Hot Hot Hot! (colorized)

Okay, This image was shot on film ( b+w) then colorized. I scanned the negative ( but its a scanner that creates some 'noise' , I will be getting a better quality scanner by weeks end ( joy!) at that time I will rescan these negatives and probably redo. I just wanted to play with this "noisy" scanner that I have on 'loan' until then, also enjoying playing with PS elements......
    Any opinions you have are welcome, mostly I was wondering about the color...

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Rachel

What happens when you hit a Thousand? Should I watch for Balloons?

This is not bad, its ok I feel. I like how there is space and light through the leaves in the upper frame. The little specks of noise and stuff can be cloned out easily, especially if you zoom up to 100% and work with a small clone tool. Nice shot. . .
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Rachel, I love these kinds of shots with the colorization done to them! Yours is really good but it looks a little dark on my monitor. I like how there are 3 peppers - it is framed really nice. It would be nice to really see the colors pop a little more. Good luck with the new scanner!
    Wes

Who are they, where are they, how can they possibly know all the rules?

Too many distractions in the image, poor lighting and no real focus didn't lead to an (in my eyes) exciting photograph and the colorization couldn't hide that.

Sorry, but that is my honest opinion Clicker.

I like colorization but I think the image is too flat needs more of a range of black to white to make it really work......keep 'em coming..sorry
    ;)
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Excuse me while I burn in the sky Clicker's Avatar
    Thanks Gary, Wes, Elysian & Nat for taking time to comment.......

Wes, I am still playing with the "hue/saturation" on PS elements, and have not found a color in these ranges that pop more, Although I know what you mean, It seems the red could be more, um.. red. Any suggestions?

Elysian - " too many distractions" I thought about your comment and tried to crop it - I found a crop that may work....( Its of just the lower two peppers.) It seems to give it more of a focus - As far as the lighting.....Well other than reshooting - do you have any suggestions that I could use as far as post processing? I'd like to save the image, but I tried to change the brightness and contrast and it just got grainy, which i like sometimes because it blurs the line between photography and drawings, but not sure if it works with this...

Nat, I saw on PS Elements that I could work on levels, so I played with that a little bit, Will continue to do so this evening ( hopefully ! ) Thanks for your input!
    Rachel

What happens when you hit a Thousand? Should I watch for Balloons?

Thread Information