Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Respect the dead...

snapped this as i walked down the street. the flowers grabbed me! Do you consider this dis- respectful? i havnt cropped it, i dont know where to cut the grass, it adds flavor
    Attached Images Attached Images  

No, I don't think it is in this context. I mean, if it were some well-known person in the community and you made the image to profit from it, that might be construed as unethical by some people... but not here.

I would say compose the image without the chain next time, or use a wider angle and get more of it into the picture.
    D200 = Digital F100
    I have achieved nirvana.

i do have 1 i took with out the chain it doesnt look near as good though the roses seem so grey, like death itself

Looks nice, ofcourse the chain is definitly in the way... but.. looks pretty nice as picture.

And yes only if you have commercial gain of the picture it would be unethical.

No problem

Quote Originally Posted by bighitboy
    snapped this as i walked down the street. the flowers grabbed me! Do you consider this dis- respectful? i havnt cropped it, i dont know where to cut the grass, it adds flavor

I see no problem with people taking pictures of graves.

This shot may be a little flat, understood it is difficult to make winter grass look green...???...it may be better in B&W.

I like the chain

Respect

Not at all disrespectful.

As far as where to crop, I feel the righthand side of the photo adds nothing. I'd crop this into a portrait format, filling the frame with your subject (flowers and grave). I like the chain in the foreground.

Spike

Quote Originally Posted by bighitboy

I loved the chain, adds that extra punch for it. the other pic with out it isnt near as close. it makes the picture

Thread Information