Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.
    Just Another Youth Sports Photographer.. smallfrypics.com's Avatar

Learn Me...............

OK everyone...........teach me. I rented studio stobes the other day and this is what I ended up with. I don't think it's to bad, but I'm an untrained eye.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: Learn Me...............

Quote Originally Posted by smallfrypics.com
    OK everyone...........teach me. I rented studio stobes the other day and this is what I ended up with. I don't think it's to bad, but I'm an untrained eye.
    I think you have a pretty nice picture of mother and daughter. I think a tighter crop like this keeps the eye on the subjects rather than being lead out of the picture along the bodies. I don't take studio shots so I should probably shut up now....but I'd like to see a little more light in the hair especially to bring out what looks like a beautiful red shade in the younger ladies locks.

Do you know there is a studio lighting forum?

Excuse me while I burn in the sky Clicker's Avatar

Re: Learn Me...............

Quote Originally Posted by Chunk
    I think you have a pretty nice picture of mother and daughter. I think a tighter crop like this keeps the eye on the subjects rather than being lead out of the picture along the bodies. I don't take studio shots so I should probably shut up now....but I'd like to see a little more light in the hair especially to bring out what looks like a beautiful red shade in the younger ladies locks.

Do you know there is a studio lighting forum?
    I like Chunks Post, and agree that the bodies lead your eye out. I also agree about the use of a hair light (if reshooting) ( i believe there is a studio forum, may get more posts/ helpful info in there) Also, the only other thing i would have changed would of been to have the mother look up a little more (chin up) so that she isn't rolling her eyes up.
    You might also want to play with the levels a bit, try bringing the white level over and playing with the black as well.... I've attached one with levels change, not sure if it is 'right on' but i have to leave to go get some dinner now, it's the cooks night off! lol

Overall, i think its a good mother and daughter pose, and a good start!
    Rachel

What happens when you hit a Thousand? Should I watch for Balloons?

Thread Information