Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Patricia

Patricia

Was commissioned to do a comp card for this young lady. I have some grave concerns about a particular technical aspect of this shot, but she LOVES it... (my conundrum is that I'm not sure she knows enough to even notice what I'm seeing)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Patricia-16_patricia.jpg  

Re: Patricia

Something about the line from her right shoulder to breast looks wrong. Perhaps the way she has her shoulder thrown back creates that bony look.

In not well-versed enough to identify the technical aspect that consumes you.
    "You have noticed that truth comes into this world with two faces. One is sad with suffering and the other laughs; but it is the same face, laughing and weeping." ~ Black Elk

I like the image, Jim. I especially like the candid moment and the light on her face. The rim light emphasizing the right cheek is very nice there.
    The motion blur effect is cool, but I'm wondering if it was applied to "cover up" the technical concern you have?
    I do see the form of a line from her shoulder to chest but it does not bother me....seems acceptable to me.

Yep, most important is that she loves it. Its not easy for both photographer and subject to be on same page and like the same takes...I have been finding
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

I think it looks rad !

The technical issue I'm concerned with is the wrinkled bunching on the torso near her right elbow. This is a pretty big no-no in commercial fashion (where she's hoping to get work). Miami being a "second tier" city in the fashion world, it may not be as big a deal as if she were looking for work in NYC, but I don't want to see her sabotage herself right out of the starting gate...

Quote Originally Posted by jetrim
    The technical issue I'm concerned with is the wrinkled bunching on the torso near her right elbow. This is a pretty big no-no in commercial fashion (where she's hoping to get work). Miami being a "second tier" city in the fashion world, it may not be as big a deal as if she were looking for work in NYC, but I don't want to see her sabotage herself right out of the starting gate...
    Good point and understandable. Somehow though, the bunching looks intentional as if it were styled as such...I dunno. It just did not stand out immediately as looking wrong.
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

GB1

I like it too, but wish that the effect was hitting her hands. Her face is nice and clear though, and her expression is fine.

G
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Thread Information