Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: passed by

n8

passed by

This past week I was out in Portland, which just screams for street photography. Unfortunately this isn't my niche, and so my hesitance to get it right made it blurry. This was the second shot I took of the kid. The first, just a minute or two earlier had an empty sidewalk. I preferred this one. Yes, I used a distressed effect in post.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails passed by-busker.jpg  
    mostly Nikon gear

Feel free to edit my images for critique, just let me know what you did.

Re: passed by

At first, I was not sure I cared much for it ...but then I kept on looking at it ...and discovering faces, movement, and started asking myself what all these folks were doing ....where they were going and such. I think that makes it a strong photo.
    To critique it, the foreground person would probably work better a little more to the right.

I like it. I think I would like it better with a few less people. I do like the PP you used. Overall, nice shot

I like it but you could crop more closely around the figures.

GB1

Hmm.. tricky photo! A lot of different planes. It's a keeper alright, but the only part I don't like is the most prominent one: the fellow smack dab in the center, who is too blurry and dark. Great expressions on the others. Glad you captured the moment imperfectly rather than waiting and getting nothing just perfect.

G
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Thread Information