Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Gold Dredge Number 3

Taken in Chatanika Alaska, about 30 miles north of Fairbanks. There are several of these dredges near Fairbanks. Gold Dredge #8 is a tourist attraction and cost's $$ to see, and there is another around Chena Marina, but it's private property.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gold Dredge Number 3-gold-dredge-3.jpg  
    Rule books are paper they will not cushion a sudden meeting of stone and metal. --Ernie Gann--
    What is a cynic? A man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing. --Oscar Wilde--

Seb

Re: Gold Dredge Number 3

Quote Originally Posted by EOSThree
    Taken in Chatanika Alaska, about 30 miles north of Fairbanks. There are several of these dredges near Fairbanks. Gold Dredge #8 is a tourist attraction and cost's $$ to see, and there is another around Chena Marina, but it's private property.
    Hello,

I like the contrast betwen the dredge and the natural setup. Overall, the execution is excellent. I was almost tempted to suggest to focus more on the dredge at first but the surrounding landscpape is so pretty and so well lit that cropping some of it would be a serious waste. Actually, my only real concern is the branch that is sticking out from nowhere at the bottom of the frame. Other than that, this is a gorgeous photograph. I bet that I good sized print of this (say an 11x14) would look great.

Seb

Thread Information