Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Glyph Series

Love + Music + Photography = Life CLKunst's Avatar

Glyph Series

Hi all, just weeding out the boogers. . .tell me what you like and what you hate about the attached three, the good the bad and the ugly, I'm all ears. Comments and critiques welcomed suggestions cheerfully expolred but please don't edit or download my images.
    :thumbsup:

C.L. Kunst - CLicKs Photography
    Asheville Photographer
    www.clicksphotography.net

Re: Glyph Series

I like the second one. I think you need to skew it straight at the top and left side. The last one seems cut and pasted for some reason. The first one is good but a little busy.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

2nd is great, great contrast and color , the brick wall really complements the painting
    3rd is ok also

I really like the 2nd one. 3rd is also good. The 1st, doesn't work for me, the angle is a little weird. i really like the head on compositions of the other two. I like that you included a tiny bit of the floor in the 3rd one.
    Liban

"There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have." Nelson Mandela

Nikon Samurai #23 - The Alexei Ponikarovsky of PR

Havana Cuba Photography

Your city must be rich in frustrated talent. I agree that the first one is at a clumsy angle.

GB1

Cindy - The middle shot is the best I think. I wonder how these would like side by side? The SS one looks a little ad hoc with the side angle and fence visible. The last one seems edited, but if it's real it really pops. But .. not sure it's subject matter is interesting enough (not your fault. I'm just referring to the art, which seems vacant).

g
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Love + Music + Photography = Life CLKunst's Avatar

Great feedback so far everyone thanks! I'm working on a series of "Glyphs" because where I live there are indeed artists everywhere and they are forever sprinkling eye candy. Asheville rewards the attentive.

Sly is the weakest link, thanks for confirming that for me. I wanted to go back for seconds but by the time I returned he had been removed.

The image of Dr. Cormel West is my favorite of the bunch although it's so iconic I didn't really have to do much other than get the exposure right.

The Yoni Dancer is the test flight and has not been altered aside for contrast and brightness, but she is pasted to the bricks that why she looks weird and she has no face. Anyway she sprung up overnight and I had to get her before the same Sly's fate befell her too. I have a few other shots and would specifically like to now if this particular framing works for the image or if she's too far right for comfort. I've done some alternative comps. but keep coming back to this one and the one I made a radiant out of.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Glyph Series-yoni-glyph-radiant.jpg  
    C.L. Kunst - CLicKs Photography
    Asheville Photographer
    www.clicksphotography.net

Thread Information