Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Glamour black and white (nudity)

Three final shots from my recent session with Lisa. Here are some done in black and white. One with a simulated red filter, one with yellow, one in high contrast. Critiques in re: the use of black and white for these shots is particularly encouraged. I like all three, for different reasons.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Glamour black and white (nudity)-img_1631.jpg   Glamour black and white (nudity)-img_1645.jpg   Glamour black and white (nudity)-quick-b-w.jpg  

Re: Glamour black and white (nudity)

First of all I am a big fan of B&W!

I like the 3rd shot the most, she has smooth skin and the composition has good line and form. The first couple are a bit too soft for me and are not a good as the 3rd one...in my opinion.

GB1

I like the top one the best, most interesting composition. Neat how you got inside the shower area (w/o damaging your camera!). But I don't like the extreme contrast ... just a little too distracting (?) Her facial expression seemed to say she was a little tired at this pt maybe? (although #2 doesn't say that). #3 she might be trying too hard (lol), seems a little too tense. Anyways, #3's lighting is the best of them all. All are original and show the sensuality of the model.

GB

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

I like the 3rd shot the best. To me, it seems to be the most naturel of the three shots and the lighting is great. I'm not a huge fan of the extreme contrast in #1, but I do like the position of the model in the frame. I don't like the look of the "soap" in #1 tho. Too me, it looks like shaving cream, and just doesn't look like it belongs. I do get what you were going for with it, but for me, it's not working in this image. I also like the body position in #2, but I don't like the soft focus, or the expresion on the models face. Just my 2 pennies.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Thread Information