Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: An Ending

An Ending

I would appreciate your thoughts on this image.
    Many thanks
    Tom
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails An Ending-ending.jpg  
    http://www.overbeyond.com

I have a total lack of respect for anything connected with society, except that which makes the roads safer, the beer stronger, the food cheaper, and the old men and old women warmer in the winter and happier in the summer. Brendan Behan

Re: An Ending

Is it a picture of a tree or some wood? I find the two elements too conflicting to bring the image together. This makes it look accidental instead of deliberate. The processing is interesting, but not enough to make a rescue. Sorry.

I am not sure at this point what the relationship is between the collapsible measuring stick and the tree, nor the title, but I find the picture itself to be quite impactful and pleasing to view.
    I love the texture and bright areas in the center and how stark and strong the almost silhouettes of the two subjects appear in front of the bright.
    I like the angles and straight lines and overlap of the segments of the collapsible measure.
    The tree and the ruler do connect somehow I feel, which leaves me looking and wondering as if its a puzzle that i don't mind dwelling over because its so interesting to view.
    thats my take
    I like it, and would like to know your meaning or intention behind the setting
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Love + Music + Photography = Life CLKunst's Avatar

Hold my hand Tom, figuratively speaking. I need help with the idea. I''m engaged with the measuring of the tree and linen like essence of the grain and tone. Stark is the word and Deep is the mood. Is this what grumpy old men do at the ingst of winter in England?
    C.L. Kunst - CLicKs Photography
    Asheville Photographer
    www.clicksphotography.net

GB1

Seems artistic. This one definitely makes you wonder what it is and what's going on.

The tree growing up out of the starting point of the structure adds another question - why, and does it symbolize something?

I think it's an abstract photo that works. My only beef is the grain, which I think distracts from the photo. Otherwise - I could see this one in an art gallery with people sipping wine (with a few question marks emitting above their heads .. )

G
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

A picture is a present you give yourself shootme's Avatar

Tom, in my humble opinion this shot is great, love the composition, colour and processing.
    :thumbsup: Shootme...

Please don't edit and re-post or use my images (not that you'd want to anyway...). without my written permission. Thank you

Thanks to you all for taking the time and I'm sorry it has taken me so long to reply. I took a very welcome and much needed break away from computers, email, internet and similar junk for a couple weeks and walked some hills in Greece.

My hope for this shot was to provide something silent, meditative and calming in mood and atmosphere for me to look at.. and hopefully others.
    The main part is not a ruler but some large planks bolted together reaching into the sky; something that started out it's life rather insignificantly (a bit like ourselves really) but it's there for anyone to apply an intepretation.
    The grain and the light emanating from the centre is very much part of the bigger picture.
    Sure it's all a bit personal and therefore probably not for everyone but hearing other members comments is always interesting.
    Thanks again everyone.
    http://www.overbeyond.com

I have a total lack of respect for anything connected with society, except that which makes the roads safer, the beer stronger, the food cheaper, and the old men and old women warmer in the winter and happier in the summer. Brendan Behan

Thread Information