Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.
    GB1

Laguna Mountains

Critique welcome.

Name:  DSC_5136_Edit1_900.jpg
Views: 436
Size:  145.9 KB
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Re: Laguna Mountains

wow awesome pic.

This not a bad effort there GB, nice tones and the unusual crop seem to add to the feeling of an elevated view point. The only thing I can think of is that I would have liked that fore ground rock to have been a bit more prominent, it would have made a good POI with the texture enhanced slightly.
    Pete

Isn't it a cool thing in nature that the colours never seem to clash...

I have no issues with you editing my photos

GB1

Quote Originally Posted by hminx View Post
    This not a bad effort there GB, nice tones and the unusual crop seem to add to the feeling of an elevated view point. The only thing I can think of is that I would have liked that fore ground rock to have been a bit more prominent, it would have made a good POI with the texture enhanced slightly.
    Thanks pete. This one I don't know about, it doesn't have a strong subject per se, but I think there may be something there. I am not sure that foreground rock could be anything special though, if you mean the one on the bottom left. The only thing that really stood out was that funny drill bit looking rock in the center left. It was overcast btw, making for even lighting (not sure if that's a blessing or a curse, as shooting here mid day in the summer is usually photographic suicide).

G

My Site

Greg,
    I like the way the eye is allowed to wonder but the whole photo is a little flat and could do with a contrast boost or even a retake with the sun out.

The colours are terrific in the way they change throughout the photo.

Roger R.
    "I hope we will never see the day when photo shops sell little schema grills to clamp onto our viewfinders; and the Golden Rule will never be found etched on our ground glass." from The mind's eye by Henri Cartier-Bresson

My Web Site: www.readingr.com

DSLR
    Canon 5D; EF100-400 F4.5-5.6L IS USM; EF24-70 F2.8L USM 50mm F1.8 II; EF 100 F2.8 Macro
    Digital
    Canon Powershot Pro 1; Canon Ixus 100

GB1

Quote Originally Posted by readingr View Post
    Greg,
    I like the way the eye is allowed to wonder but the whole photo is a little flat and could do with a contrast boost or even a retake with the sun out.

The colours are terrific in the way they change throughout the photo.

Roger R.
    Thanks Roger. Yeah the image is sort of paradoxical in that the flatness is interesting in a way, but overall it's an obviously flawed image, being as flat as it is. Maybe a sunrise shot would work on a clear day. I will try it the next time I camp up there.

GB

My Site

Thread Information