Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Gators of the Okefenokee Swamp

On the way back from Jacksonville, Florida, I planned a stop at the Okefenokee National Wildlife Refuge. One subject I want to grow a portfolio on are alligators. It was late in the year so many of the gators were already hibernating, but did manage to snap a some photos of these beauties.

Let me know what you think.

Gators of the Okefenokee Swamp-babygator.jpgGators of the Okefenokee Swamp-okefenokee_gator.jpg

Re: Gators of the Okefenokee Swamp

I think you have a good start for your gator portfolio. I have been to the Okeefenokee, too, and the challenge I had was conveying what is like to be there, rather than a zoo. It's amazing, but hard to show.

I felt the same way looking at your photos. If you cropped the top one, I think it would benefit.

Do you mean to crop it more into the eyes?

I have some other photos from the Okefenokee that shows the devastation from the wildfire they had there a few years ago. One guy told me the walkways were basically one big canopy and you couldn't even hardly see the sky. now you can see for miles. That was truly eye opening. Maybe Ill post some of those pics soon.

The first shot looks a bit under exposed, theres detail in the shadows that could be enhance with a little lightening in post, don't suppose reaching out to shift that bit of plant across its face was an option ....
    the second is possibly a bit soft and has quite a bit of movement blur but I do like the composition, sorta looks like a piece malevolent lava.
    Pete

Isn't it a cool thing in nature that the colours never seem to clash...

I have no issues with you editing my photos

Thread Information