Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Lincoln's Tomb

Compulsive Member

Lincoln's Tomb

Another shot from my trip out to Illinois.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lincoln's Tomb-abe3.jpg  

This is a nicely framed shot good composition. I would only say to correct some perspective dist as it seems the monument of Lincolns head is tilting backwards towards the tomb.. one nit pik but certainly not a major issue is that I would have liked to see the full door to the tomb as it seems you have cut it of near the bottom. But I think the shot is ok as it is. good work
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Quite an interesting composition. I'd say you've made it work for the most part. I do wonder though if it might be more effective with a crop that shows only "half" of Lincoln's profile (and also thereby eliminates the little bit of empty space along the right side of the frame. Hard to say, but in general I like what you've done.

In point of fact, I think the head statue alone has a very interesting look to it. Should you ever get back there (or photograph a similar statue) I might recommend really focusing on the details and texture of the face. Zoom in on the eye, do a profile shot, etc etc.
    D200 = Digital F100
    I have achieved nirvana.

Compulsive Member

Statue Shot

Quote Originally Posted by PuckJunkey
    Quite an interesting composition. I'd say you've made it work for the most part. I do wonder though if it might be more effective with a crop that shows only "half" of Lincoln's profile (and also thereby eliminates the little bit of empty space along the right side of the frame. Hard to say, but in general I like what you've done.

In point of fact, I think the head statue alone has a very interesting look to it. Should you ever get back there (or photograph a similar statue) I might recommend really focusing on the details and texture of the face. Zoom in on the eye, do a profile shot, etc etc.
    Your comments are appreciated. I did shoot one shot of just the bust of Lincoln & it's uploaded here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lincoln's Tomb-abe1.jpg  

Thread Information