Frozen Potomac 2

Printable View

• 02-07-2004, 03:15 PM
    connellj
    1 Attachment(s)
    Frozen Potomac 2
    I enjoy looking at this at 12x16. Comments appreciated.
  • 02-09-2004, 12:42 PM
    Spike
    Must not be your boat!
    Quote:

Originally Posted by connellj

If one of these was your boat, you probably wouldn't enjoy looking at this photo! :) Boats aren't supposed to be allowed to freeze in the water, are they? This must have been an early freeze and not too thick.

Anyway, the photo has a soft, muted, peaceful look to it. Very calming and quiet. It's nice. The composition looks good to me, and I like the ice in the foreground.

Spike
  • 02-09-2004, 03:04 PM
    Charles Hess
    Agree with Spike...
    that the muted colors give this a serene, peaceful look, in contrast to the frigid weather. Your exposure is excellent, and I'm wonderoing if a little less foreground ice and a little more soft blue of the sky might make this a bit stronger. Good work.

Quote:

Originally Posted by connellj

• 02-11-2004, 11:45 AM
    connellj
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles Hess
    that the muted colors give this a serene, peaceful look, in contrast to the frigid weather. Your exposure is excellent, and I'm wonderoing if a little less foreground ice and a little more soft blue of the sky might make this a bit stronger. Good work.

Thanks for your comments Charles. You and Spike are both very encouraging. I must admit I wrestled with the crop on this one and went for more ice. In view of your comments, I think I will take a look at another crop that will have more interest in the foreground.

I just got back from San Diego and have a number of shots of the harbor and zoo that I hope to post over the next few days. No ice!

-john