Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Not A Bird

nature/wildlife co-moderator paulnj's Avatar

Not A Bird

i treed this cute little guy so i could take a few images at eye level or there abouts

100-400 at 200mm? and cropped to vertical on the first, then 400mm fullframe on the second. i could have spent all day with it, but it was not happy to be bothered by me.so i left quickly so he/she could go about the day in peace
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Not A Bird-racoonnymusmlightcontrast.jpg   Not A Bird-1754coon.jpg  
    Last edited by paulnj; 02-10-2004 at 08:01 AM.
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

This is a great shot, Paul. Nice and sharp, and good exposure. Not sure there is anything to critique. What a cute little guy!

Ray
    Reseda, CA

Look at the sweet wet little nose

I wish I could just kiss it!

that is if I'm no to fond of my face when he chomps on it... lol

what a great shot--I like the first the best...the colors the comp.

yeah for you to post stuff thats not bird realted....I wanna see more street photography I think you can be (homeless guy post) and you would be great at it!

yeah for you good job
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Wink Woah!

Quote Originally Posted by natatbeach
    I wish I could just kiss it!

that is if I'm no to fond of my face when he chomps on it... lol

what a great shot--I like the first the best...the colors the comp.

yeah for you to post stuff thats not bird realted....I wanna see more street photography I think you can be (homeless guy post) and you would be great at it!

yeah for you good job
    No kissy these guys! LOL.

Great great! 'Course I can't remember ever having any critiques on your pix...I just can't capture these things, and am in awe of them. Got any Cardinals?
    Every artist was first an amateur. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Like, zoinks! - Shaggy

Quote Originally Posted by paulnj
    i treed this cute little guy so i could take a few images at eye level or there abouts

100-400 at 200mm? and cropped to vertical on the first, then 400mm fullframe on the second. i could have spent all day with it, but it was not happy to be bothered by me.so i left quickly so he/she could go about the day in peace
    Very nice. I used to get "Ranger Rick" magazine as a kid and this gives me flashbacks. I really like the clarity of the eyes.
    Last edited by Lava Lamp; 02-10-2004 at 10:09 PM.

Told ya it was good...
    -Seb

My website

(Please don't edit and repost my images without my permission. Thank you)

How to tell the most experienced shooter in a group? They have the least amount of toys on them.

nature/wildlife co-moderator paulnj's Avatar

Thanks All

Quote Originally Posted by prbowhay
    Dear Paul:

This is amazing! This needs to be a poster, or a magazine cover -- BOTH are excellent.

You are a wonderful photographer, you can shoot ANY subject and do it well. I bet you can do fashion photography like Steve and Charles, and portraiture photography like Sebastian -- you are very skilled Paul. And, I am very impressed!

Thank you for sharing these good shots with all of us.

Best to You,
    Penny

been there / done that too

nature is what i love, so nature is what i shoot.

i want a critique though...... i get the point that people like it, but i want to know what could improve it
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by paulnj
    i want a critique though...... i get the point that people like it, but i want to know what could improve it
    Fine...

The first one is the better of the two, vertical framing works much better with that pose and BG. I wish I could see his whole body, that the lower section wasn't cut off. Contrast and exposure seem dead-on. Love the one eye showing, one in the shadow, adds to the feeling that he's trying to hide.
    -Seb

My website

(Please don't edit and repost my images without my permission. Thank you)

How to tell the most experienced shooter in a group? They have the least amount of toys on them.

Thread Information