• 10-11-2013, 04:55 AM
    nitin
    flying parrot
    after waiting for almost half n hour...

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/4442/fkhb.jpg
  • 10-12-2013, 08:02 AM
    CLKunst
    Re: flying parrot
    Hmmm. I wish I could say your patience was rewarded. While I think the vignette helps put the focus on the bird the railing in the background is problematic especially where it over laps the wing. The parrot is also too small in the frame. cropping doesn't really solve any of the other problems here either. Hmmm. Do you have any other versions?
  • 10-13-2013, 03:14 AM
    nitin
    sadly no other version, this I shot with Sony hx300.
  • 10-14-2013, 05:04 PM
    St.Vladimir
    I would like to buy Sony DSC-HX300. Are you satisfied with it's performance?
  • 10-16-2013, 06:17 AM
    Don Schaeffer
    You know what, I like this really unique composition. I like the way you framed it. It's full of movement and color and really catches the nature of the bird.
  • 10-17-2013, 01:08 PM
    GB1
    Very nice Nitin. I think I would like it more with a different type of railing/background, but the wing blur really works here and the parrot's face is reasonably sharp. Plus, you can see at least one of his eyes, a big plus. Great patience that I wish I had. :)

G
  • 10-24-2013, 07:27 AM
    nitin
    Quote:

Originally Posted by St.Vladimir View Post
    I would like to buy Sony DSC-HX300. Are you satisfied with it's performance?

not really, it has low true resolution.
  • 10-24-2013, 10:03 AM
    nitin
    Quote:

Originally Posted by GB1 View Post
    Very nice Nitin. I think I would like it more with a different type of railing/background, but the wing blur really works here and the parrot's face is reasonably sharp. Plus, you can see at least one of his eyes, a big plus. Great patience that I wish I had. :)

G

thnx, (Un)fortunately parrot was sitting on this railing only ;)
    I show patience only in photography and driving. :D
  • 10-24-2013, 10:04 AM
    nitin
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Schaeffer View Post
    You know what, I like this really unique composition. I like the way you framed it. It's full of movement and color and really catches the nature of the bird.

Thank you sir.
  • 10-28-2013, 09:21 PM
    Allen23
    nice picture
  • 10-30-2013, 05:41 AM
    Rorie
    I guess i have the benefit of having two pet parrots! I can spend as long as i like taking various flight photos as they will come directly to me on call. However, my downfall is that all my photos have parts of my living room in them!

I have found that your shutter needs to be REALLY fast if you want to freeze the wings, but i much prefer to capture the motion as you have. Often their heads bob when they fly, so that can be the next thing to blur!

I like the photo!
  • 10-30-2013, 09:29 AM
    nitin
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rorie View Post
    I guess i have the benefit of having two pet parrots! I can spend as long as i like taking various flight photos as they will come directly to me on call. However, my downfall is that all my photos have parts of my living room in them!

I have found that your shutter needs to be REALLY fast if you want to freeze the wings, but i much prefer to capture the motion as you have. Often their heads bob when they fly, so that can be the next thing to blur!

I like the photo!

thanks
    you should take them outdoors for a change. May be then you have different shots. :)
  • 10-31-2013, 12:55 AM
    alva
    Nice Image
  • 11-06-2013, 05:19 PM
    Darrell C
    interesting shot.
  • 11-12-2013, 12:57 AM
    Catherine91
    Nice snapshot.
  • 11-13-2013, 09:37 PM
    arne saknussen
    Welcome to the new posters.
    Just so you know, this is a critique site and we like to go farther than just saying "nice snapshot" or the variations. What makes it appealing to you? Could there be improvements? Etc.