Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

floodway [image enclosed]

this is my cities floodway gates thought you might like a look....

[IMG]http://www.**********/floodway.jpg[/IMG]

todd

Re: floodway [image enclosed]

Quote Originally Posted by stuntboy
    this is my cities floodway gates thought you might like a look....

[IMG]http://www.**********/floodway.jpg[/IMG]

todd
    Like the cropping, but the pic doesn't hold my interest -- maybe if I could see some water it would help, or maybe its just me.

hey lavalamp....heres the uncropped pic, i do agree, i thought these pics wouldve looked more intresting but no luck so i thought id try a funky crop and see what came of it.

[IMG]http://**********/flood.jpg[/IMG]

todd

Todd,

The crop you had just doesn't work for me. It's just too bland. Your original, however, could be cropped differently to get some interest. The lighting isn't great, but the colors work. Maybe black and white, but this shot isn't just feeling right to me.

Just me,

Jared

Jared very true this shot didnt do nothing for me as well, tried b&w and seemed to make it worse if thats possible, the wife is always rushing me when i get out to take a picture...maybe next weekend i will leave her at home. just dont tell her that i said that. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by stuntboy
    Jared very true this shot didnt do nothing for me as well, tried b&w and seemed to make it worse if thats possible, the wife is always rushing me when i get out to take a picture...maybe next weekend i will leave her at home. just dont tell her that i said that. ;)
    Ah Todd,

No worries, don't worry, I won't tell your wife;) I know the feeling about being rushed though. Recently I went out with some friends, two of us were dedicated to taking pictures, but it was like "Are they done yet?" "Don't they have fifty pictures of that flower already?" Yeah, it can be tough

Thread Information