Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.
    Love + Music + Photography = Life CLKunst's Avatar

Floatin' Head Blues

Comments and critiques welcomed suggestions cheerfully explored but please leave the editing to me. :thumbsup:

Last edited by CLKunst; 07-04-2011 at 10:49 AM.
    C.L. Kunst - CLicKs Photography
    Asheville Photographer
    www.clicksphotography.net

Re: Floatin' Head Blues

i like it cindy. almost looks like three panels. i like the inclusion of the old wood also. the only negative part for me is that it's right on. looks a bit flat that way. other than that, looks nice.
    Liban

"There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have." Nelson Mandela

Nikon Samurai #23 - The Alexei Ponikarovsky of PR

Havana Cuba Photography

I like it too Cindy. I like the crop with some of the writing on the left missing. The lower left has a cut and paste look but then again I am judging from my HTC. I think it would look just as well with the lower part cropped, square format.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

GB1

Cindy

Nice find, but as much as I like all the paintings (graffiti) on the wall(s), I think it would be a stronger image if you cropped out the left 1/3rd or so of the image, as the bright colored "IC" interferes with the harmony of what I think is a really neat color scheme and outline on the right. Could also be a little sharper, and I think this is also fixable.

G
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Love + Music + Photography = Life CLKunst's Avatar

As you wish. . . 2/3 crop and square, Interesting suggestions. I have been having trouble with the wish to cut out the light at the bottom, this confirms it, but I might still be in denial.

The bright lower SIC rainbow square is a room beyond the one I am standing in which is lit by the sun, which happily, I can't move or do anything about. In fact this image was only in part about capturing the head bomb upper right, a more important part of this for me personally was balancing the exposure manually.

** [CLimbing up on what I know will be a tomatoey soap box for a small but directed rant.] I am learning to despise HDR as a cover "technique" for mediocrity. There are of course people who put in the time and do the HDR properly but at this point there are so many "auto" versions that it's become ubiquitous and pestulant. You should be able to do it in the camera (unless your camera is an iPhone). Short of that you're rescuing a lost cause - do it properly from the start!!! Dang!!! [Rant ended.]

Last edited by CLKunst; 07-06-2011 at 08:00 PM.
    C.L. Kunst - CLicKs Photography
    Asheville Photographer
    www.clicksphotography.net

Thread Information